Do you have sensory panel and project management experience? Are you looking for your next step within your sensory career? Apply now to join the team at MMR!
MMR is an independent, global consumer and sensory research agency specialising in food, drink, personal and household care research. We are industry leaders, guiding best in class innovation for our clients – partnering with over 50% of the top 100 global food and drink brands
Our team of over 420 highly engaged, multi-disciplined employees are primarily dynamic research professionals, sensory experts and data scientists. We’re a diverse bunch, with backgrounds in R&D, insight, marketing, sensory science, data sciences and psychology. We also boast a true global reach with offices in the UK, US, China, Singapore, Mumbai, Thailand, South Africa, Columbia and Brazil
We are a “people first” company that prides itself on collaboration, honesty and mutual trust. A company who obtained some fantastic feedback for company engagement and team spirit in a recent employee study with 80% of employees stating they’re happy and proud to work for MMR.
The successful individual will report into the UK Sensory Director and ensure the smooth running of UK Sensory department at MMR. This role will combine knowledge of panel leading alongside both client and project management. You will be responsible, with support from the Sensory UK Director and Trainee panel leaders, for handling sensory projects throughout all stages: from initial briefing, to report writing and presentation, ensuring that the research proposal, design, session planning and panel leading, analysis and interpretation fulfils clients’ needs. This varied role will allow you to work with different internal MMR functions (sensory, consumer research quant and qual, statisticians, commercial) and to develop your skillset in a host of different areas.
The role is based in our Sensory Science Centre, on the Reading University Campus, at our head office (beautiful 18th century barn) in Wallingford and also working from home.
Sensory Research Project Management
- To be responsible for the generation of consistently high-quality sensory data, outputs and reports for all projects and to consistently meet if not exclude client’s expectations.
- To provide innovative sensory solutions to client’s research problems and requirements.
- The creation of engaging reports and debriefing reports to clients.
- To develop productive and constructive relationships with client which led onto further opportunities to sell sensory research.
- To manage the finances of SSC Reading to ensure that targets are met.
- To project manage successfully, including scheduling, costing, ensuring appropriate resourcing and equipment, liaising with colleagues and stats team for design and analysis, and budget control
- To brief and liaise with colleagues on all aspects of projects and create relevant documentation/paperwork, to ensure accurate and timely execution
- To ensure that clients are kept up to date with product requirements, project progress, draft lexicons and topline results
- To analyze sensory data providing considered reporting, interpretation and recommendations with support from senior sensory colleagues
- To attend client meetings / visits / presentations and take an active sensory expert role in product tasting/ immersion sessions and debriefs
- To supervise the work of, train and mentor junior members of the Sensory and Research teams (Research Executives, Trainee Panel Leaders, …) on a project by project basis and assist with their skills and career development
- To occasionally run panel sessions to cover for illness/absences of the trainee panel leader
- Support and mentor sensory colleagues working at client on-site panels
- To assist with product preparation and serving as required for the smooth running of projects
- To adhere to company procedures ensuring high quality in operational matters and client relations at all times
- To promote a positive and pleasant working environment for all at MMR, at all times
- To assist with the sales, planning and delivery of sensory consultancy services. This may include recruiting and training panelists on-site at client locations, coaching client employees and analyzing panel performance data
- A real passion for working in sensory research
- Sensory panel management experience, including descriptive analysis, is essential
- IT literate with experience of sensory data capture software beneficial
- Logical, analytical mind
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- A self-starter who likes to take initiatives and demonstrates flexibility in a dynamic environment (including flexibility in time worked)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Natural passion for seeking out the most effective and efficient ways of working and being prepared to speak up about your ideas
- Great attention to detail – should be able to check own work and others’ work for inconsistencies and take the necessary action to rectify any errors/problems
- Ability to work well within a team
- Ideally management experience
- Educated to degree level (ideally in Food Science, Sensory or Psychology)
We’ve placed passion, honesty, curiosity, positivity and commercial orientation at the center of our corporate values – do they fit what you’re looking for in your next career move? If so, you will flourish in MMR’s environment, with the autonomy to express yourself and the tools to really connect with clients.
MMR is an Equal Opportunities Employer.