Our client is a global leader in payments processing, providing cutting-edge payments and software solutions for a wide range of merchants. They operate in over 30 different countries and have a global turnover of over $4bn and in the last four years - seen their share price rise by over five times!
The Bid Manager will be responsible for building and managing the full end-to-end delivery of bid activities and proposals from concept to delivery, ensuring customer requirements are understood and translated into solutions that are commercially sound
- Work cohesively with sales and product management to build customer relationships and to understand customers product requirements.
- Interfacing with sales and the customer organisation to clarify requirements to help the business determine the solution design.
- Preparing and reviewing the commercial aspects of the bid, ensuring all services are included in the final price to the customer
- Manage inputs from a variety of stakeholders, typically involving contributions from sales, marketing, product teams, finance, commercial, legal and delivery
- Liaise with various teams to leverage best practice and align to document for future bid activities
- Develop sales and technical knowledge with a view to sharing with market Account Executive teams to improve bid process with focus on establishing a pipeline of opportunities
- Identify cost saving opportunities as appropriate with procurement projects
- Arrange all post bid reviews with customers, post contract award
With all this in mind, a fundamental aspect of this role is to support the Sales and Product teams by managing the production of professional, high quality, technical proposals within the timescales set by clients.
- A deep understanding of best practice bid process and the ability to leverage relevant prior learnings and experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in technical solution consulting, technical writing in a similar role.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to prioritise, set and meet deadlines
- Mastery of technical concepts within the payment’s domain.
- Success working in fast-paced environments leveraging modern account management tools and methodologies.
- A good understanding of the payments eco system.
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills; fluency in English; strong interpersonal skills & industry presence/gravitas.
- Passionate about challenging the status quo and has an appetite for change.
- Ability to explain complex technical concepts to audiences at all levels of technical understanding.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90959171