The Service Architect is key in creating new capabilities that support new UKCloud products and complex customer requirements via Strategic Deal Board. They work collaboratively with Pre-sales Architects & Product Managers (defining the scope), Technology Architects (defining the technical solution to support the requirements) and the Platform & Services function (responsible for the delivery of the service as designed) to create the Service Design.
- Formalising standardised IT operations processes and resources to meet required service outcomes.
- Working with Sales and Pre-Sales teams to discover the customer’s service requirements · Creating compelling service design collateral to support the sales and marketing of UKCloud offerings.
- Support the Sales & Pre-Sales teams with tools and training to positioning credible managed service solutions to UKCloud’s customers.
- Develop service RACI models that ensure all teams understand their role and scope of service delivery.
- Review and negotiate service management contract schedules that build trust with customers.
- Work with UKCloud’s service delivery teams and approved sub-contractors to create to operational processes and define touchpoints that deliver a world class customer experience.
- Maintain strong relationships with the Sales team, Product Managers, Proposition Leads, Service Owners and wider stakeholders including subcontractors to help negotiate, and facilitate the work needed to achieve service outcomes.
Service Architect Requirements:
- Experience of IT Service Management (e.g. ITIL).
- Strong communication skills – explaining processes (flowcharts), RACI and RAG status.
- Genuinely able to engage in conversations with business and technical stakeholders.
- Commercially minded, with experience in product management of customer facing IT products.
- Experienced in translating ideas/concepts, from a range of stakeholders, into workable solutions with a clear, prioritised roadmap and strategy to achieve them.
- Experience of managed services or cloud services (IaaS/PaaS).
- Experienced at making hard and prompt decisions to ensure that the business has the best opportunity possible to succeed.
- Able to influence and guide others to make changes and take action without direct line authority.
UKCloud provides an unbeatable, secure UK public cloud. Focused solely on serving the UK Public Sector. We are committed to assurance and security while delivering flexible, agile and value-based cloud hosting to our customers.
Formed in 2012, UKCloud is based in Farnborough (Hampshire) and Corsham (Wiltshire). We have a team of 200 people and we continue to grow! We are looking for people who want a rewarding career in a business who truly invest in you as an individual.
Location: Farnborough, Hampshire
Job type: Permanent, full time
Benefits: Competitive salary and bonus scheme. 25 days' holiday increasing to 30 days over length of service, half a day birthday leave, charity day. Contributory pension. Healthcare. Life cover. Access to free parking. Active social and charity events. Cycle to work scheme. Onsite facilities - Friday breakfasts, fruit and soft drinks.
UKCloud is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible applicants. Applicants must be eligible to work and live in the UK and will be required to undergo and maintain appropriate UK government security clearance.
You may have experience of the following: Service Architect, Service Architecture, Cloud Architect, Service
Designer, Cloud Services, etc.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90963041