Your role at a glance
LGR (Legal & General Retirement) is currently recruiting for a Lead Systems Actuary on a 12 month fixed term contract basis.
You will manage a team, provide design and input into the delivery of technology systems for all LGR actuarial platforms and enable divisional confidence in the current and future life of their systems.
What you'll be doing
- Leadership of a team of system actuaries in support of the actuarial analysis for the LGR (Legal & General Retirement) division, providing design and input into the delivery of technology systems for all LGR actuarial platforms.
- To manage the team in accordance with the Company’s policies and procedures, including the Partnership Agreement, so that the team’s business objectives are achieved consistently.
- Actuarial design ownership: Accountable for the end-to-end actuarial design of the solution spanning multiple software components (evidencing at all points how the design answers the requirements – clear traceability). Help convert LGRI strategic vision into local activities by working with System Actuaries.
- Interaction: Working with development teams to deliver detailed actuarial design. Working with the Business and Solution Architects to ensure that data and functional actuarial architectures adhere to the high-level architecture principles and support target state vision for the enterprise. Working with Business Stakeholders; Product Owners, SMEs, Business Actuaries, Business Analysts etc. and handling technical and actuarial queries. Must be able to articulate complex cases, issues, concerns in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- System requirements: Working closely with Business Architects and Business Analysts to help with translating desired business outcomes into robust system requirements, both functional and non-functional. Willing to challenge traditional thinking and design with a focus on exceptional business outcomes.
- Development & testing: Facilitate and participate in detailed design reviews. Working with testing teams (or for smaller projects this may be self-driven) to support the definition and implementation of the testing strategy for the initiative. Ensure any actuarial calculations are to specification. Ability to carry out robust testing to enable release to UAT. Proactively look for and implement automated solutions.
- Knowledge base: Actuarial knowledge and support across LGR for subject matter expertise. Add value and education to business queries and understands impacts of change and LGR system interactions / flow. Comfortable to challenge collaboratively during the solution design process, and to challenge the business requirements with regard to actuarial appropriateness.
What we're looking for
- Actuarial qualification – Registered Fellow of the Institute of Actuaries
- Degree level or equivalent, in a technical or numerate field
- Track record of analysing solutions and requirements for a wide variety of initiatives spanning multiple technologies, delivered over a significant period of time
- Excellent verbal, writing and documentation skills
- Exceptional personal and communication skills
- Ability to adapt and work in an agile working environment and interact with people across various sites
- Understanding of the capital markets (Solvency II) would be beneficial
- Post-qualification experience in the Pensions and Annuity industry: Defined benefit pension structures, individual retirement products and pension products, bulk purchase annuities, reinsurance and pricing.
- Knowledge and experience of mortality benefits, investments, yield curves, swap curves and cash flow modelling and actuarial pricing techniques would be beneficial.
- Experience with Agile project methodologies and experience with continuous delivery and process automation would be beneficial
- Substantial experience in software/application development with progressively increasing responsibilities and long-term engagements with employers. Source control and best practice should be well understood.
- Significant experience of actuarial data analysis and MI.
- Experience in facilitating and hosting workshops and focus groups with SMEs and senior stakeholders
- Proven experience in leading Actuaries and Business Analysts in the Pensions and Annuity industry.
Whatever your role, we reward ability, performance and attitude with a package that looks after all the things that are important to you. Our employees have a wide range of benefits including a generous pension scheme, life assurance, 30 days' holiday, private medical insurance, performance related bonuses, discounts at both a huge range of high street stores and our own great products, as well as a 12% car allowance scheme, your hard work will be rewarded when you join us.
Working here is about being there for our customers; we’re available should the worst happen and we work together to enable social and financial equality across the UK. But it’s also about you –how you develop and what you can achieve. We’ll help your talent thrive in an environment where you’ll be supported to work flexibly and autonomously, sharing in our success and rewarded for a great performance with a generous benefits package.
About the business area
With around one million customers, our retail business helps turn customers’ pension savings into lifelong retirement income and our corporate business looks after our defined benefit pension schemes ensuring they are effectively managed to protect against risk and achieve their maximum potential.
We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Our commitment to Equal Opportunities
We’re an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, gender identity or age.
Please contact Stacie Burnett, Resourcing Lead - Stacie.Burnett@landg.com for further information.