Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. We create breakthrough products - in diagnostics, medical devices, nutrition and branded generic pharmaceuticals - that help you, your family and your community lead healthier lives, full of unlimited possibilities. Today, 107,000 of us are working to make a lasting impact on health in the more than 160 countries we serve.
Abbott Nutrition are looking for a Marketing Director UK & Ireland to join the team in Maidenhead.
The Marketing Director will develop and lead the implementation of marketing strategies to enhance Abbott's leading position within the UK medical nutrition market. This includes new product market assessment and market share gaining initiatives. In addition develop a sustainable and profitable consumer business to support the diversification of Abbott's nutrition business in the UK. They will support the development of market building activities including Government and public affairs, and liaising with external organisations to further Abbott's achievement of strategic goals.
- Creating marketing strategies to grow our medical nutrition business and establish our consumer business.
- Support the development of annual brand plans for the adult nutrition, infant & paediatric and consumer marketing teams.
- Prepare plan and S&OP assumptions.
- Full budgetary responsibility for ensuring the marketing budget is fully and effectively utilised to achieve agreed strategic priorities.
- Liaising closely with and influencing the Medical, Sales, Contract and Healthcare service teams to ensure cross functional alignment of the marketing strategy.
- Developing effective working relationships with all support functions.
- Developing strategies to influence NHS, Healthcare Professional and relevant patient organisations to help create an environment favourable for the success of our products.
- Identify and implement new opportunities to drive growth, being a driving force within Abbott's nutrition business for future long-term success.
- Supporting accurate forecasting across all product areas.
- As a member of Abbott's nutrition executive leadership team provide leadership aligned to Abbott's values and strategic plan.
- Effective performance management of reports and team.
- Delivering sales and share goals.
- Supporting supply chain including achieving forecast accuracy goals.
- Plan and S&OP financial forecasting.
- Achieving performance goals as agreed with the General Manager.
- Producing marketing strategic plan.
- Forecasting and assessing future product opportunities including developing best in industry launch capabilities.
- Developing talent and successors for key roles.
Background & Experience:
- Significant marketing experience including product launch / re-launch.
- Proven marketing team leadership.
- Experience of pharmaceutical/healthcare industry or appropriate marketing/business sector.
- Excellent cross-functional working experience.
- Strong evidence of project management competency and proven track record of delivering on time and within budget
- Educated to degree level and/or equivalent qualification with relevant commercial experience.
- Competent use of computers (spreadsheets, graphics package).
As you'd expect from a global healthcare company, we offer a fantastic range of benefits including competitive salaries, a superb defined contribution pension scheme, private healthcare, life assurance and a flexible benefits scheme.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Abbot welcomes and encourages diversity in our workforce.
We provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities.
To request accommodation, please call 224-667-4913 or email firstname.lastname@example.org