This is an excellent opportunity to join an exciting and established business, with excellent prospects for career progression. They are looking for a skilled and enthusiastic full-time Quantity Surveyor. Established in 1982 and based in the West Midlands, they have created and maintained a reputation for high quality and reliable service for over 35 years.
They work with businesses and projects of all sizes, from single rooms and local retail shops to multi-storey office fit-outs, supermarkets, and hospitals.
Their comfortable and spacious modern office is a stunning environment to work in. The team are friendly, progressive, and driven to support one another and grow this already successful business
Our client is a leading supplier and installer of carpets, carpet tiles, luxury vinyl and safety flooring for a range of commercial projects nationwide.
Essential skills for the role:
- Ideal for a skilled Quantity Surveyor with some commercial experience.
- Experienced in preparing Quotations, estimations, and tender applications.
- Skilled in carrying out onsite measurements
- Enthusiastic and ambitious individual, who will work exceptionally well within and team.
- Skilled in modern IT, willing and able to learn the company CRM, processes and methods.
- Personable and adaptable, willing to go out of their way to help and support the team and their accounts.
- Candidates willing to work above and beyond will find ample opportunities to progress.
- Due to the nature of the business, a full UK driving licence and car are essential to this role.
What the role involves:
- The role is varied with many aspects that will need to be delivered to a high standard.
- Creation and upkeep of Risk and Method Statements as well as O&M Manuals.
- Health & Safety Guidelines must also be carefully followed, whilst observing the latest industry standards.
- Supervision of accounts, billing and administration is also a core part.
- Quotations, estimations, and tender applications. Being able to take on-site measurements and work from project scopes to create accurate prices are essential.
- Price negotiations and variations on quotes and tenders, requiring a great appreciation of profits and commercial viability.
- Once projects have been agreed and accepted, the Quantity Surveyor will be expected to manage many aspects of the project. From client communication and expectations to resource management and scheduling of the fitters and materials, great organisation is critical.
Salary/Package: £25,000 to £35,000 depending on skills and experience, with potential for further progression.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90930013