Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting a Senior Automation and Control Engineer to support our projects in Woking.
Applicants must be British or EEA national and be able to pass HMG Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) check.
The Senior Engineer will s upport the implementation of projects in line with company objectives including continuous improvement of margin, customer satisfaction, schedule, working capital and safety performance. Responsibilities/Duties
Skills / Qualifications
- Provides Expertise in at least one Automation Technical Area
- Responsible for identifying/defining the Automation and Controls requirement / solutions for the client
- Implements the defined Automation and Control solutions
- Supports the Lead Engineer in accomplishing project objectives
- Applies integration concepts to a wide variety of systems and across multiple vendor platforms.
- Engineers technical aspects of automation project design and/or implementation for assigned activities
- Implements the configuration, database and/or programming activities for assigned activities
- Prepares and reviews engineering studies, design drawings and documents and material and equipment specifications
- Resolves specialty related engineering issues by applying accepted principles, codes and standards
- Minimum BSc Degree or equivalent demonstratable experience
- Significant experience and competency in Automation and Control Engineering
- Good general knowledge of each Automation and Control engineering discipline
- Ability to lead small team of engineers
- Detailed experience with multiple system implementation project and/or control system platforms
- Established expertise in technical aspects of automation project execution in at least one technical area or system
- Experience in Brownfield upgrades/replacement automation and control projects
- Experience of Rockwell and Schneider PLC and SCADA systems is advantageous
- Must have thorough knowledge of engineering practices, methodologies and economic principles, calculation methods, design details, international codes and standards, procedures, and specifications
- Knowledge of modern automation and control applications, tools, methodologies or equal training/experience
- Good working knowledge of current industry specific technology and the application of current engineering software/tools and trends
- Inquisitive, well organised and have a keen eye for detail
- Able to operate in an integrated team environment with a desire and ability to build trust and respect throughout the team
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.