Are you a graduate looking for a career in a forward-thinking business with a social heart?
Do you want to help us deliver affordable homes and high quality services across our local Hertfordshire communities?
Are you organised, collaborative, and able to deliver complex projects on time with a keen eye for detail?
We have an immediate position available for a Governance Officer to strengthen our busy policy and regulation team, helping us deliver our vision of “building friendlier communities, together”.
About the Role
Reporting to the Company Secretary, Governance & Regulation Manager you will :-
- Maintain the Group's policy and information governance frameworks, working with internal stakeholders to address any gaps identified
- Support managers in embedding these frameworks with their teams;
- Regularly horizon-scan the housing sector, identifying any changes to policy, regulation or legislation, and reporting on these for senior management;
- Support colleagues at all levels of the business in operational data protection compliance;
- Support the work of our staff-led data protection steering groups;
- Raising & maintaining data protection awareness across the organisation by role-modelling best practice, fielding day to day queries and leading on ad hoc projects.
- Support the business response on regulatory, policy and data protection matters including by assisting with government, trade body and regulatory consultations;
- Support the delivery of an effective company secretarial function across the Group's Board, Committee and subsidiary companies through general administrative support, meeting planning, minute-taking, issue of papers, maintenance of registers and non-executive recruitment, induction and appraisal;
- Support wider campaigns on diversity and inclusion across the Group, playing a key part in our diversity and inclusion group and supporting wider campaigns.
Watford Community Housing owns and manages over 5,000 homes across south-west Hertfordshire and, by working closely with our residents, partners and local communities, we provide high-quality services aimed at improving our residents' and communities' everyday lives.
You will have the following skills and/or experience :
- Salary: up to £34,000 depending on experience
- 28 days annual leave & bank holidays
- Flexible working
- Generous pension scheme - employer contributions up to 11%
- Career development opportunities
- Extensive employee rewards programme which includes shopping discounts, duvet days & free massages.
Apply now to join our busy, friendly team!
This job description is not intended to be a full list of every task or area of work; its aim is to give a broad representation of the role.
Please note: we reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we receive a large response
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90981461