Data Operations Analyst
This is an exciting opportunity to join a newly formed team focused on building a strong data culture within London Market and directly informing and shaping our Data Management activities.
Our vision is to enable profitable decisions driven by trusted data and market leading analytics. We are looking for an individual that is passionate and experienced in the use of new technology, rules and logic, data quality practices and data governance.
This role will have an immediate impact to the way data is identified, governed, transformed, trusted and consumed by London Market. The Data Operations Analyst will work alongside the Data Strategy Programme, Data Squad Engineers and data owners in delivering, through an agile framework, these capabilities for the business in an agile and responsive manner.
Principal responsibilities within this role will include:
- Promote strong data culture practices within LM, contributing to the improvement of data management tools and practices and supporting the business in adopting these.
- Work across a diverse group of data consumers in London Market to identify and onboard new data assets, bring these under governance and ensure that processes and controls are followed.
- Design, implement and continuously improve data operations processes for the curation of core data assets
- Use available tools to manually apply required transformations, enrichments and data derivations in order to prototype outcomes for data consumers.
- Use available tools to prototype the data quality measurements according to defined data quality rules
- Use modern tools and technologies to identify and prioritise opportunities for automation across data sourcing and transformation and communicate transformation, data derivation and cleansing logic effectively to engineers and stakeholders.
- Maintain records of all data transformation, enrichment, derivation and cleansing performed.
- Take ownership of data governance and data quality performance reporting, including metrics, KPIs and issue remediation in conjunction with data owners, and communicate these to the Data Governance Council.
- Be a core member in the team delivering the Data Strategy, working in an agile methodology, to deliver trusted governed data for the business.
Knowledge, skills and experience we expect you to have to fit into this role will include:
- Strong technical analytical skills focusing on the analysis, specification and design of data flows and processes
- Understanding of key relational database concepts, how they operate, and how they are structured
- Advanced data manipulation skills eg. SQL, BI tooling (like Power BI, Excel or Tableau), R using data manipulation extension such as dplyr and cleansing tools such as Trifacta
- Hands-on experience in data management and data governance processes including data curation, data cleansing, data transformation and data quality
- Ability to pro-actively investigate issues to determine their root cause
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to work with a diverse stakeholder group to lead discussions and drive consensus
- Self-motivated, task driven and able to prioritise work effectively
If you have been exposed to any of the following it would be highly desirable to bring the following to Hiscox:
- Previous experience of Lloyd's of London in particular delegated authority
- Previous experience working in agile projects
Apply now for further information
You can follow Hiscox on LinkedIn, Glassdoor and Instagram (@HiscoxInsurance)