What's involved with this role:
Remote working, however the successful applicant will need to visit to collect ICT equipment and undertake an induction. A Data Analyst is required to work closely with a range of partners to bring together data to produce strategic needs assessments and analysis reports, particularly around public health and community safety. As there is no formal Job Description for this role, please could you provide as much information as possible on your CV including any relevant Qualifications, Skills and Experience. Key responsibilities may include:
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for. “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Processing, linking, analysis and reporting of complex data sets
- Collate, process, link and analyse performance and operational data, using MS Access, the CRM and PowerBI, in response to planned business requirements and ad hoc data requests
- Expert in extracting and manipulating data from databases for operational purposes
- Redesign data processing as needs evolve and new requirements emerge
- Engage with system users at all levels to ensure data is robust, of good quality and best practice on data recording & local protocols are in place
- Provide accurate and timely information and to undertake the analysis of required data
- Develop new innovative ways of interpreting, presenting and reporting data including dashboards, benchmarking tools and data visualisations.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Experience of working with complex data sets and visualisation software such as Power BI or Tableau is highly desirable.
- An enquiring mind, who likes to get underneath the data to really understand the drivers of behaviour, and has the technical skill to make that happen efficiently and effectively.
- Experience working with a range of data and delivering work needs to be delivered at pace.
- Ability to match data from various systems and present data that is easy to read and understand.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and interpersonal skills across a range of audiences.
- A high degree of numeracy.
- Understand and knowledge of relational databases, information reporting and advanced queries.
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below: Job Ref: Isle of Wight RQ403276 Anticipated Length of Assignment:
Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent. Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed. Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs. Important
: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.