Due to recently being awarded a new contract within South Wales, MJ Quinn are currently recruiting for the position of Project Manager. The position will be based in our North West office working Monday – Friday 8am-5pm with a competitive salary.
MJ Quinn are an established national organisation, with contracts covering the length and breadth of the UK and Ireland. We have over 1500 workers delivering our services, operating from our offices in Liverpool. We have over 1500 engineers creating great connections with our customers, our people and our world. We trust in our team and have a workforce skilled to meet the needs of a 21st Century Communications Network.
As the business grows our values continue to be at the heart of everything we do. We will always put our people first, work hard on strengthening our partnerships, intend to do the right thing. Always holding ourselves accountable, we continue to innovate and strive to excel in everything we do.
As a Project Manager for the North West you will have extensive knowledge of planning and running telecoms based projects within the area of telecoms network infrastructure build including: Civils works, Poling, PON & Spine build as well as an understanding of the principles of FTTH, FTTP, the matrix relationships with the HA and local authorities. You will be comfortable in a joined-up approach to projects with you co-managers who deliver THP / homes in line with client agreed quarterly targets this ensuring seamless delivery.
Responsibilities of the role:
- You will be responsible for overseeing all Fibre Projects under the MJQ Network Build Structure which includes surveying, build and handover within MJ Quinn Network Build Projects (Cities, Rural & Last 20%) in multiple locations across South Wales.
- Forecast & exceed set THP quarterly & annual delivery targets
- Ensure sufficient office & field resource is in place to meet & exceed set targets
- Build and maintain close & professional working relationships with the client
- Liaise closely with the office and field delivery teams to identify any potential design or construction issues
- Work closely with the project & commercial teams to ensure all activities are invoiced correctly & on time
- Work with the commercial team to onboard sub-contractors as required to meet build requirements
- Overall responsibility for all site works, methodology, and programme including resource requirement from both existing workforce and from sub-contractors.
- Ensure all civils activities have recorded & submitted registration details in line with HA requirements
- Work closely with various departments within MJ Quinn to ensure all SLA’s and targets arecommunicated clearly and achieved efficiently
- Carry out regular audits of staff performance and quality of work to ensure the highest standard of service and workmanship is being achieved.
- Where applicable ensure that CDM projects are delivered in line with CDM requirements
- Responsible for chasing up all incomplete works; prioritising and rectifying accordingly. This will then need to be verified before sign-off by the client.
- Extensive experience working in a Fibre Build Project Management role on PON (FTTP), Spine & Poling works on Network Build Telecoms projects
- Experience of running large scale Fibre projects across multiple sites & councils
- Expert knowledge of NRSWA (Ops & Supervisor) SROH & HAUC guidelines
- Proficient knowledge of Fibre PON build specifications
- Proficient knowledge of reinstatement guidelines & techniques
- Proficient knowledge of CDM (Construction Design Management) – trained to SMSTS level
- Extensive experience of engaging with Local Authorities
- Previous experience of dealing with FPNs, defects / associated commercial management.
- Good experience of noticing systems – Eton, Bentley, Symology
- Good understanding of Traffic Management guidelines for utility works in the Highway
- Based in South Wales but prepared to Travel as and when required
- Competitive salary
- Medicash Scheme
- Pension Scheme
- Gym & Retail Discounts
- X2 Life Assurance
Should you feel you have similar experience and your looking for a new challenge then we would love to hear from!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90991109