Collections Advisor (Financial Services)
£20,000 - £26,000 (Plus Great Bonuses)
Mac-Book Laptop, Unlimited Holidays, Flexible Hours,
Job Description For The Collections Advisor
We are looking for a collections & recoveries agent to join our team based in Didsbury and will be primarily focused within our consumer finance division.
You will be responsible for supporting the Head of Recoveries, proactively managing cases of arrears offering solutions to mitigate losses while delivering a fair outcome to our customers’. Ensure that actions are taken to mitigate against losses from bad debt whilst complying with the regulatory requirements we operate within.
Responsibilities for the Collections Advisor
- Responsible for identifying customers’ needs in relation to forbearance, establishing their ability to repay and report and escalate any customer considered vulnerable.
- Prioritise caseloads based on assessment of risk.
- Working to achieve key performance targets
- Monitor arrears and escalate any cases in respect of potential provisions to the Head of Recoveries in a prompt and effective manner.
- Operate within a set of delegated authorities as defined by the business.
- Manage daily workload and take appropriate action to include, debt recovery by telephone, tracing of absconded customers, processing money claims through CCMCC, managing insolvency cases and recovery of contractual fees and interest.
- Select appropriate standard correspondence to customers regarding arrears through to notice of default and termination when necessary in accordance with the provisions of the consumer credit act, where applicable.
- Communicate and escalate potential issues/risks to the Head of Recoveries in a prompt and effective manner.
- Liaise with internal and external contacts.
- To provide recommendations for improvements to processes, systems, procedures and controls.
- Ensure that the customer is always treated fairly.
Experience for the Collections Advisor
- Demonstrated experience in dealing with collections/litigation accounts in a consumer finance environment.
- Knowledge of the consumer finance industry is preferred.
- Understanding and awareness of data protection act and legislative requirements.
- Able to work on own initiative and to contribute to the wider collections & recoveries team’s objectives.
- Ability to develop productive relationship with internal and external contacts.
- Computer literate (good knowledge of MS Office suite - Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and able to build reports and carry out spreadsheet analysis
- Knowledge of treating customers fairly
- Knowledge of compliance procedures within Financial Services
Keywords: Collections, Recoveries, Collections Advisor, Collections Manager, Recoveries Manager, Recoveries Advisor, Financial Services
If you are interested in this position and feel you have the experience and attributes for this role then please apply now and Rico Iheagwara will contact