Computer Science Teacher
Part-time / 1 day per week
Competitive salary - £30,000 per annum pro rata.
The SchoolThis school is a small independent inclusive school which meets the needs of both mainstream and SEN pupils using a holistic and therapeutic approach. We have a good caring staff team that support not only the children but each other.
What will the role involve:
- You will become an integral part of a growing team
- Teaching your specialist subjects across K3 and 4.
- Excellent subject knowledge in Computer Science.
- Ability to integrate into a team.
- Particularly useful skillsets will be those interested in taking the lead on curriculum.
- Eager to contribute to delivery as well as the development of a team.
- Qualified Teacher Status or equivalent.
- Previous experience of teaching students with SEN.
- Knowledgeable of the UK curriculum.
- Passionate and enthusiastic about working with pupils with different abilities.
- Skilfully able to plan affective lessons and differentiate based on each child individual needs.
- Aware of the procedure with regards to safeguarding in a school environment.
- Reliable & punctual.
- Ability to risk assess and follow instructions.
- Ability to develop rapport with SEN pupils.
- Have a sense of humour; be patient and calm with a desire to get the best out of individuals with SEN.
- Ability to deal with the physical challenges of the job (which likely will necessitate)
- You will be responsible for teaching a small class of around 10-12 pupils some with Special Educational Needs.
- You will use resources to help each student understand and engage in lessons.
- You will have additional support in the classroom from other support staff.
- You will plan and deliver effective lessons using the UK curriculum.
- Professional support.
- Free face to face CPD courses.
In order to apply for the above position all applicants must be eligible to work in the UK, or eligible to apply for a relevant work visa.
Safeguarding, quality and professionalism is at the heart of what we do. Applicants are required to attend a face to face interview, reference checks and an enhanced DBS disclosure. The School is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within education.
Applicants should e-mail a copy of their CV to the e-mail address below:-
About Overstone Park School:
A non-selective independent school registered with DFE and ISI for boys and girls aged 5 to 18 years.