“Being a Community Care Worker at Age UK Medway, isn’t like being a Community Care Worker anywhere else!”
Based in Medway as a Community Care Worker, you will be working as part of a strong team of carers who provide care and support to clients within their own homes.
You will be assisting clients with everything from getting washed and dressed in the morning to preparing a meal for lunch or tea and assisting clients into bed of an evening.
Job Type: Flexible, Part Time (can build hours up to Full Time dependant on availability)
Starting salary: £9.07 to £9.70 per hour dependant on qualifications & experience
• Empathy and experience of working with older people.
• Willing to work towards an NVQ level 2 in Health and Social Care.
• Own a smart phone.
• A valid full UK driving licence with access to a car.
• Enhanced rates of pay for weekends and evenings.
• Paid time travelling between calls (at £8.72 per hour equivalent rate).
• Petrol paid 45p per mile.
• DBS, training and uniforms all paid for by Age UK Medway.
• Pension scheme.
• Further qualifications.
• Wellbeing scheme – Simplyhealth.
As an organisation we maintain high quality standards and are rated “Good” by CQC. Everyone within homecare contributes to ensuring the clients experience is a positive one. This is also the reason that a lot of our carers have worked with us for 16 years or more.
Being a Community Care Worker makes a rewarding career. If this is the role that you feel you could fulfil and are able to work one evening a week and every other weekend, or Monday to Friday and every other weekend then please get in touch.