We are recruiting for a Personal Tax Manager to join a successful Top 100 accountancy practice at its office in Oxford. This is a growing firm that provides high quality accountancy, financial planning and insolvency services to a range of clients in the UK and internationally.
As Personal Tax Manager your responsibilities will include:
- Manage a diverse portfolio of personal tax clients and support Partners with compliance work and ad hoc tax advisory work as required, ensuring compliance
- Effectively manage compliance workflow for the personal tax team - monitor time allocations, budgets and deadlines, including data insight for internal management reporting
- Ensure assignments are completed to a high standard, on time and within budgets
- Build long lasting client relationships and contribute to winning new work by leading meetings with potential new clients
- Liaise and negotiate with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Responsible for billing own portfolio and managing own WIP
- Review prepared tax returns
- Participate in business development and marketing activities
- Input into service and product pricing, including assisting with new client quotes
- Line manage, develop and mentor junior staff including overseeing work and assisting team members to support their performance and career development
We welcome applications from candidates who can satisfy the following requirements:
- A minimum of five years UK practice personal tax experience
- CTA qualified - a strong ATT qualified candidate may be considered
- Able to prioritise and meet deadlines with high standard work
- Strong client relationship skills
- Proven project management skills
- Have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Be positive and proactive, commercially focused with good judgement
- Extensive experience in cooperating with HMRC
- Able to manage a team, giving guidance and mentoring to junior members
- Be willing to maintain up to date and relevant technical knowledge and economic issues
This long-established firm will offer you a competitive salary and benefits package, a modern and supportive working environment and the opportunity to thrive within a forward-thinking practice.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Personal Tax Manager role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.