Please note working hours are 10hr shifts, working on a 4 days on, 4 days off basis.
To carry out high throughput Covid qPCR testing, working flexibly and communicating effectively to deliver results within contractual turnaround times and to the highest quality standards within the Eurofins, site. The qPCR Analyst will be expected to set an example of quality, productivity and good laboratory practice to all staff.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Processing samples for the presence of SARs-CoV-2 RNA using a range of specialist techniques and technologies. To include:
- Receipt of samples
- Sample lysis within a CL2 laboratory environment
- Automated extraction and purification of RNA
- Production of stock solutions
- Analysis of SARs-CoV-2 RNA by RT-qPCR
- Analysis and interpretation of results
- Reporting of results through a laboratory management system.
- Providing technical support functions of the COVID team including:
- Assist with troubleshooting and recovery of automated processes.
- Managing routine reagent and instrument validations to ensure that business as usual processing is not affected
- Involvement in the validation of new processes, technical improvement projects and implementation of new technologies.
- Provide support for the investigation of quality incidents and complete root cause analysis.
- Complete routine unexpected result investigations, apply learning from investigations to current practice with the aim to evolve processes
- Ensure that Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions and Locally controlled documents are adhered to and seek to challenge procedures where there is an opportunity to improve.
- Undertake your daily role in accordance with the Eurofins values of customer focus, competence and team spirit.