ABOUT THIS JOB
In this role you will be supporting all revenue processes for the local markets, including proposal pipeline system support, sales orders and contracts, revenue recognition and accounting, and collections. Moreover, you will maintain compliance with Global COE standards and ensure effective internal controls associated with revenue & collections processes are in place and continuously monitored.
- Partner with Client Service to support sales proposal and contract entry by Client Service, clarify USGAAP/Stat rules and contract interpretation, and provide training
- Adopt a Global & Regional COE agenda and link in with the respective regional COE hub to ensure adequate management of and reporting on the following:
- Customer invoicing, credit management, and customer credit verification
- Accounts Receivable management including cash collection and allocation
- Revenue recognition
- Support revenue closing activities, including accruals, provisions and reconciliations Ensuring these are appropriate and accurate and are performed in accordance with US-GAAP/Stat rules, Global COE processes, and together with the Operational Controller
- Support local FP&A and Finance Business Partner to provide clarity on orders and contracts, revenue, billing and receivables and credit management
- Provide Global/Regional COE with input for Revenue-related reporting
- Assist Revenue Controller on controls on revenue processes and ensuring adequate controllership is maintained at all times; take action on flagged control misses
- Support regional statutory compliance related to revenue accounting; monitor and provide guidance on related statutory and tax accounting, reporting, and audit
- Support with the Operational Controller during audits (CAS, statutory, VAT, etc) based on predefined way of work according to Global/Regional COE standards
- Support locally IT/Digital projects pertaining to revenue processes (i.e. SAP OTI , Salesforce, Google, etc.) for respective market(s)
- Support Revenue Controller, Global & Regional COE Leaders on all other projects pertaining to the scope of the market
A LITTLE ABOUT YOU
By being proactive and committed, you can achieve balanced coordination of all core and continuous finance activities between the local environment and the Global and Regional organization. You’re curious, open to learning new things and dedicated to work: you will meet controllership metrics and ensure solid controls are in place and functioning.
- Min. 1 year of experience working in the Revenue, AR department
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- ACCA/CIMA or other accounting qualifications also preferred (but not mandatory)
- Fluency in English, both speaking and writing
- Basic SAP knowledge
- G-suite & Microsoft package (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Ability to work well within a team, as well as independently
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
What does success mean for the role?
A successful Associate Revenue Controller will ensure all basic key performance indicators pertaining to contract processing, revenue accounting, and accounts receivable are achieved for own accounts and will clearly demonstrate support for the implementation of productivity measures in such processes via IT projects, the COE hubs, or in other Global/Regional COE related projects.