Due to current workloads and future prospects, Wood have an exciting opportunity for experienced, self-starting and motivated Senior or Principal Safety and Risk Consultant. You will join an established team of safety and risk professionals who are serving both external clients and internal Wood projects. These roles will interest those who are delivery focused, have high concern for standards and who flourish on building customer relationships and winning new business.
Prospective candidates must have experience of managing major accident hazards either onshore and/or offshore facilities. The positions can be based out of the following offices: Birchwood, Bristol, Leamington, Reading, London or Newcastle upon Tyne.
- Delivering and leading high-quality projects to clients across several industry sectors, including oil, gas, chemical and major infrastructure sectors
- Proven expertise in major hazards, safety risk assessment, process safety consultancy and COMAH
- Managing client relationships and winning work
- Produce high quality deliverables on time and on budget
- Managing projects and mentoring junior team members
- Networking with other group companies
- A relevant engineering, science or technology related degree (or equivalent) is essential
Essential experience will include:
- A successful consultancy track record in major hazards safety and risk consultancy, working with operators, design engineering and regulatory clients.
- A technical expertise in major hazards, process safety, major hazards regulation (including COMAH Safety Report studies and preparation) and several of the following areas: Quantitative assessment, safety and environmental major hazards management, facilitation (including HAZOP, LOPA and HAZID/ENVID), reliability assessment, detailed consequence analysis, supporting major hazard safety studies and major accident and disasters for EIA purposes.
- Working in multi-skilled teams, project management, project delivery, business development and writing successful proposals.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Published Position Title: Senior / Principal Risk and Safety Consultant