IHS Markit is the leading source of information and insight in critical areas that shape today's business landscape. Customers around the world rely on us to address strategic and operational challenges. IHS Markit combines information, analytics and expertise to provide solutions for business, finance and government. We help our customers see why things happen and focus on what really matters so they can make confident decisions to improve efficiency, outpace competitors and drive growth.
The Director of Industry Solutions in the EMEA region will lead our team of Subject Matter Experts in a consultative sales approach to solving our client's challenges by helping them apply our services to their business needs.
Are you a proactive and autonomous analytical thinker that likes solving customer challenges? Do you enjoy leading client meetings and public speaking? Are you detail oriented and comfortable with data analysis?We're looking for a Director, within the Maritime & Trade Division to:
- Lead a regional team of Subject Matter Experts
- Gain an in depth understanding of our data and products and services
- Partner with the Sales organization to identify potential buyers and develop proposals that speak to the relevant persona and vertical market
- Work with clients and prospects to apply our solutions to their business challenges
- Effectively project manage internal business process improvements projects
- Provide on-site customer workshop: requirements gathering, configuration, and training
- Provide Sales colleagues enablement and on-boarding
- Work with the Marketing teams to drive vertical specific messaging and campaigns
- Monitor industry competitors and adjust messaging accordingly
- Manage the implementation for large customers that were sold because of your presales support efforts
- Oversee the development of monthly data stories that are topic and demonstrate the value our data brings to our customers top line growth of bottom line cost reductions
- Intimately understand the customer base by vertical and persona
- Understand and demonstrate the benefits and features of IHS Markit Maritime & Trade solutions
- Collaborate with Sales team and generate action plans to secure revenue on renewals
- Responsible for facilitating new business sales of over 1.6m per year
- Responsible for securing renewals of over 400k per year
- Oversee the completion of customer RFQ's and RFP's
- Provide weekly progress reports of your current pipeline to management
You will be working in the Industry Solutions Team in London, UK. The team of three IHS Markit Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) will be in regular contact with sales team members to support them in providing pre-sales solution expertise to close new deals. You will be client facing. Your pre-sales expertise will be integral to close new business with two distinct IHS Markit Selling motions (1) a Seed & Expand sales motion to grow our existing account base and (2) Strategic sales motion, where you will position to new customers executive, C-Level. In the Seed & Expand selling motion, you will work with an existing customer base to position and demonstrate the solution during needs assessment and proposal stage. During strategic sales, you will be the expert that demonstrates an integrated IHSM engineering solution during an on-site business operations workshop with actual customer requirements and data. You will also be involved in securing renewals and support Sales team expanding existing clients with new relevant offerings.
Key Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree or higher
- 7-10+ years in business intelligence sales support activities, ideally with content
- A solid understanding of trade information business and tools available for analysis
- Proven track record of delivering trusted sales support
- 5+ years' experience with industries involved in merchandize trading
- 10+ years' experience in the maritime industry or with vessel tracking data Previous Project Management experience a plus
- Product Management experience beneficial
- A strong public speaker
- Proactive, driven, and goal oriented
- Strong socially and keen on building relationships across teams and with customers
- Detail oriented and comfortable with data analysis and reporting
- Comfortable with travel
What we offer
- Ability to work from home at least 2-3x per week
- Autonomous work environment that is goal oriented
- Opportunity for career growth across a wide variety of business functions (Product Mgmt., Sales, Pre-sales support, etc).
- Large "global team" culture with the opportunity for travel and to work with colleagues in many countries
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here.
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of ConductRight to WorkEEO is the LawEEO is the Law SupplementPay Transparency
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
IHS Markit harnesses deep sources of information, analytics and expertise to forge solutions for the industries and markets that drive global economies. Our company partners with clients in business, finance and government to provide the unrivaled insights and perspectives that lead to well-informed, confident decisions. We call this The New Intelligence. IHS Markit serves more than 50,000 key customers in more than 140 countries, including 80 percent of the Fortune Global 500. We help decision makers apply higher-level thinking to daily tasks and strategic issues across a host of industries and disciplines including energy, finance, automotive, engineering, technology, maritime and trade, aerospace and defense, chemical, and economics and country risk.
Headquartered in London, IHS Markit (NYSE: INFO) is committed to sustainable, profitable growth.