Field Service Engineer
Our client is a privately owned and owner managed profit-making organisation and one of the most progressive Off-Highway equipment dealerships in the country for the Sales and Customer Support of Construction, Industrial and Recycling & Waste Machinery products.
In such a dynamic and committed workforce, flexibility is essential, and many of our workforce, in accordance to what the job needs, operate with a huge degree of commitment and energy to ensure our long-term strategy to drive the business forward to increase shareholder profitability for ongoing success and growth to remain the dealer of choice is achieved.
Carry out Machine Plant Diagnostics, Servicing and Repairs to brand Construction, Agricultural, Industrial, Heavy Line and Recycling Equipment to the highest standard within the Dealership territory to new and existing Customers.
This is a Customer facing role which requires you to build strong Customer relationships within the Service sector of business. You will need to promote and present a professional image and offer service solutions to our customers and frequently liaise with the Manufacturer.
· Build strong and positive relationships with the customer
· Build and document knowledge about the customer company and its technical operations
· Feedback any important customer information to the company
· To promote the organisation and the Brand to new and existing customers
· To promote aftermarket products and services to the customer
· To react to any customer needs quickly, effectively and efficiently
· To carry out repairs to the highest standard to provide a 'First Time Fix' to the customer
· Possess excellent laptop computer technical diagnostics skills
· Excellent operation of the PDA unit to input job information and write-up data
· Continually look to develop yourself through Brand Specific Training Courses and other Medias available
· Service and maintain and other Equipment to the Manufactures specifications
· Maintain and improve our profile in the market place
· Provide World Class Customer Service
· Present a professional image at all times
· Carry out all work practices in line with company health and safety policy
· Meet and exceed customer expectations whilst maintaining profitability
· Contribute to overall success of through teamwork and good communication within the company.
· Any other duties as deemed necessary to fulfil the role
· 40 hours working week, 08.00 - 16.30 hours, half an hour unpaid lunch break.
· Overtime; First 4 hours at time and a half rate, over and above first 4 hours double time rate.
· Call out; Initial payment of £50.00 normal working week, £75.00 bank holiday working week and £100.00 Christmas period for being on call, if called out any hours worked would be first 4 hours at time and a half rate, over and above first 4 hours double time rate.
· Call out rota; Frequency of rota system varies from depot to depot and would be discussed during the interview process with the relevant Depot Manager.
· Attractive rates of pay and overtime rates.
· Pension scheme; Auto enrolment and company.
· 22 days paid holiday + bank holidays + 1 day for every 5 years completed service.
· Contributory medical insurance scheme.
· Death in service company life assurance.
· Merchandise purchases at cost.
· Sickness scheme.
· Perkz employee benefits.
· O2 employee benefits.
· Childcare voucher scheme.
· Free car parking facilities.
· Occupational health.
· Learning and development programmes.
· Career progression.
This is a description of the job as it is at present constituted. It is the Company's practice to periodically examine employee's job descriptions and to update them to ensure that they relate to the job as it is performed, or to incorporate whatever changes are being proposed. This procedure is jointly conducted by each manager in consultation with the post holder concerned. It is the Company's aim to reach agreement to reasonable changes, but if agreement is not possible management reserves the right to insist on changes to job descriptions after prior consultation.