The Data Centre Technician is responsible for Data Centre standards and IMAC (installs, moves and changes) activities. You will also oversee the implementation of changes in the designated Data Centre or Data Centres, supervise changes undertaken by 3rd parties on behalf of Daisy and ensure installations meet published standards.Job Description
- Ensure that the Datacentre is as tidy as possible at all times and meets with the contractual expectations of all customers and service requirements
- General Data Centre housekeeping tasks such as cable management, decommissioning and audits
- Identify operational problems, implement improvements and response to incidents in line with internal procedures
- Ensure a high level of physical security in line with Daisy’s ISO 270001 certification and Information Security Management System
- Follow and adhere to robust access control process and procedures for customers, Daisy employees and 3rd parties.
- Perform tape changes, system monitoring, environment monitoring, remote / smart hands activities on behalf of customers, 3rd parties and other Daisy technical teams as required
- Perform IMAC (installs, moves and changes) within the Data Centres
- Maintain and monitor software repositories where required, ensuring accurate data entry and prompt response to any alarm events
- Assist with the installation and implementation of customer equipment, customer Initiate and progress warranty or fault-repair equipment work as necessary·
- Where applicable, carry out building checks and perform uptime maintenance where required
- Experience of working in Data Centres is essential
- Confident, courteous and professional customer facing skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills and a desire to take responsibility and show initiative
- Good telephone manner including IT support experience
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Proven track record of hardware experience – comms and multi-vendor installation experience is an advantage
- Flexible attitude to work assignment and clear attention to detail with a willingness to learn new skills
- Sound general administration and/or data entry skills
- Reliable, enthusiastic, motivated and consistent personality with a positive attitude
- Team mentality and flexibility to adapt to a dynamic workplace
- Experience of working in a secure environment
What are the benefits of working at Daisy?
Our colleagues work hard to deliver for our customers and that is why we give them the recognition and rewards they deserve for their effort
But working at Daisy is much more than just a fair salary. It’s about providing a range of benefits and opportunities to all our staff to make working with us enjoyable.
Our ethos is simple: the more you put in the more you get out.
Here are some of the benefits that we offer…
- Up to 38 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- The day off on your birthday!
- Fantastic learning and development opportunities through "Daisy University" to help you achieve your career goals.
- Access to excellent discounts and savings at more than 1,200 retailers
- Access to exclusive offers on a range of Daisy products
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91008493