VP Procurement & Sourcing - Central London - Competitive salary plus bonus, car allowance and benefits
My client a leading healthcare company based in Central London, is looking to hire a VP Procurement & Sourcing for their global head office. The VP Procurement & Sourcing will be managing a team of highly skilled sourcing professionals. They will have responsibility for product development and sourcing; supplier and product management; category management; supplier performance management (KPIs); supplier negotiation, sourcing analytics & should-cost modelling; forecasting and planning.
- Assessing market and supplier needs and developing new sourcing models and programs.
- Lead all agreement terms and contract negotiations including both new contract frameworks as well as renewals of existing agreements
- Work in close collaboration with other senior leaders within the group as well as key personnel within the organisations business units to identify and deliver new and innovative ways of working to capture incremental value for all stakeholders
- Enhance and develop long terms relationships with existing and targeted strategic supplier partners by establishing productive, professional relationships with key personnel within assigned account base
- Develop a comprehensive understanding of the supplier partners objectives, challenges and growth enablers and gain a detailed insight into the markets in which they operate in order to identify new opportunities to create value
- Work with the procurement teams and business units to proactively assess, clarify and validate supplier needs, challenges, risks and opportunities on an ongoing basis and support with the delivery of the strategic objectives set for all assigned accounts
- Develops and monitors financial budgets to ensure spending remains within budget and profit objectives.
- Bachelors' degree, or equivalent experience. MBA preferred, but not essential
- Previous experience within Healthcare, Retail or Pharmaceutical industries in a procurement, sourcing, commercial or business development role
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills and ability to think both opportunistically and strategically
- Strong experience and knowledge of healthcare products and industry stakeholders such as manufacturers, trends, economic drivers and policy across healthcare.
- Proven expertise in cost negotiation, product management and development, category management, quality and logistics.
- Analytical rigor and ability to structure ill-defined problems and being intellectual leadership to problem solving; synthesise insights from analysis and ensure credible, actionable recommendations.
- Financial acumen and understanding of financial models and experience with financial planning, budgeting and capital allocation in the context of strategic planning and price management to achieve financial and operational goals.
- Outstanding communication ability. Can promote ideas and proposals through credibility, influence and persuasion.
Broadstone Resourcing Ltd acts as an Employment Agency and an Employment Business and all appointments will be made on merit alone.