The Company and the Role:
The Company was founded in 1994 and has won many awards. They provide IT managed services and enterprise-level hosting services to mid-market companies.
Their customer base is in construction, education, financial services, health trust, manufacturing and transport, public sector, retail and distribution, and third sector state sponsored industries.
They are very supportive to the ex-military community so expressions of interest from serving or ex-military personnel with IT and Communications expertise are very welcome.
They are seeking a Managed Services Technical Engineer to be based in Belfast, Northern Ireland. The position is permanent.
You will prepare for the migration of applications to the hybrid cloud environment and to establish the ongoing management service. You will be responsible for the handover of service from deployment team ensuring a seamless transition to support, then establish and deliver a proactive hosting managed service, improving processes as the service matures. In addition to this, you will support the ongoing service migration project to the Company's private and public cloud. Further team members will be added as the migration phases progress.
Key Features of the Role:
• Day to day management of the data centre and MS Azure environments including patching, backup management and proactive maintenance
• Capacity, availability and performance management for application environments
• Provisioning of VM and Azure environments
• Building out a comprehensive Event Management framework including alert automation and remediation
• Developing the service catalogue for hosting services e.g. resource provisioning
• Identifying potential activities for orchestration and working with the ServiceNow team to implement
• Population of knowledge base with run books, operational procedures and how-to's
• Developing, supporting and mentoring other team members in technical and service operations best practice
Knowledge and Skills:
• Be an accomplished Managed Services Technical Engineer
• Advanced configuration, troubleshooting and resolution across enterprise platform technologies
• Private Cloud – VMware, HP or equivalent compute and storage technologies. Cisco data centre networking. Fortinet network security.
• Public Cloud – Microsoft Azure including resource provisioning and management. Microsoft ExpressRoute.
• Backup – Veeam. Azure backup.
• ITOM - ServiceNow including Discovery, Orchestration and Event Management.
• Cloud management - Cloud resource and service provisioning.
• Service Management – experience of working within Change and Release frameworks.
• Hold one or more of the following: Microsoft, Citrix, Dell, HP, Cisco, VMware technical certifications.
What's on Offer:
The role will carry an attractive salary dependent upon your experience and skill set plus a bonus earning opportunity dependent upon company and employee performance.
The normal working week is 37.5 hours. In addition, there is a pension scheme, death in service benefit, Westfield Healthcare, on site gym, daily fruit deliveries, mindfulness and massage sessions, flexible working options and dedicated training plans with regular updates.
Holiday entitlement is 24 days pus 7 statutory days. There is further choice benefits option available which includes private healthcare, Lease Car Scheme, Tax-free childcare scheme, Cycle to work scheme and additional day of leave for every years' service (up to 5 extra days).
Applicants Please Note:
Do not apply for this vacancy unless you are an experienced Managed Services Technical Engineer.
Applicants are advised that Security Clearance or Access NI Basic Disclosure will be requested to assist with the decision making process. Disclosure information will not be used unfairly and criminal records will not necessarily prevent you from being successful in your application.
For UK based roles, in line with the requirements of the UK Asylum and Immigration Act 1996, all applicants must either be eligible to live and work in the UK or must obtain permits to work in the UK prior to making an application. Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from candidates as part of the recruitment process.
4exMilitary Jobs Ltd is at the forefront of supplying military leavers and ex-military personnel working in logistics and supply chain, facilities management, catering, hospitality and life support services, military and defence support services, aviation and aerospace, IT and telecoms, fuel supply and distribution, security, retail, wholesale and PX, QA / QC and food safety, health and safety, HR, training and instructors, wealth management, engineering and construction, naval, port and marine- Worldwide!
If you are about to leave the Armed Forces or are ex-military seeking to develop your career, please do not hesitate to contact us for a confidential discussion and access to our complete portfolio of current opportunities.
We highly recommend you “Like” or “Follow” our social media pages (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc) as we post all our vacancies through notifications and you may find an alternative vacancy that is suitable.