What's involved with this role:
An experienced Transport and Infrastructure Project Manager is required who can contribute to master planning, town centre regeneration, bid writing, project planning and delivery. Ideally you will have gained this experience as part of large-scale regeneration programmes and will have experience working with major developers and funders. You will be flexible, organised, and enjoy working at pace, and keen to work as part of an ambitious team.
- To work as part of the Strategic Transport Team to support the development and delivery of the transport pipeline. This can include master-planning, town centre regeneration, housing growth, funding and bid writing including work with central Government and city regions, as well as capital project design and delivery.
- To work with major developers, consultants and partners to ensure projects are of a high quality in their design, delivery and impact.
- Working as part of the Strategic Transport Team to contribute to the design of the regeneration programme, including identifying opportunities for projects and funding.
- To support multi-disciplinary programme and project teams to ensure strategic transport enables regeneration activity, is planned, joined-up and being delivered to agreed timescales.
- To work with the Highways department to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget and conditions of any funding agreements are met.
- To manage programme risks and issues and use programme governance to ensure these issues are managed and resolved so that delivery is maintained.
- Work with the communications team to develop communication and engagement plans for regeneration activity and projects, which contribute to the overall growth narrative for Wirral.
- Ensure strategic transport activity is monitored, reported and evaluated so that we can promote progress and use learning to shape future delivery.
- To liaise with relevant departments to support the delivery of programmes and activity, in particular highways, design, communications, assets and legal.
. Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for. “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Minimum of 12 months recent experience in a similar role, or context and ideally within a public sector organisation
- Experience in managing significant transport projects from design through to delivery
- Experience working as part of a team delivering large-scale regeneration programmes with major transport and infrastructure programmes
- Experience of preparing business cases and external funding bids for transport projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and be self-sufficient in work planning and management
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages
- ***Qualification details and any other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Any local authority/public sector experience
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via email@example.com but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below: Job Ref: Wirral RQ403482 Anticipated Length of Assignment:
Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent. Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed. Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs. Important
: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.