sales BDM "contact center" "contact centre" saas "business development" telecommunications cloud IT "managed services" ucaas ccaas UC VC iaas paas
Business Development Manager for a global SaaS/cloud based contact center solutions provider
£50k to £70k base plus 100% commission and benefits
WHAT THE ROLE IS FOR
A brief description of the main purpose of the role
Business Development Managers close new sales deals across their assigned region. Where directed by management, this may be targeted at a particular market or industry.
WHAT SUCCESS LOOKS LIKE
The key deliverables, critical for effective performance e.g. customer satisfaction, and a brief description of why it is important
- Sales wins: the role exists to secure new customers and business to a set annual target. The jobholder’s principle aim is to close sales deals after appropriate approvals and following internal processes.
- Effective planning: the successful jobholder will create and execute an effective sales planning to develop leads, demonstrate an understanding of customer needs/requirements, and progress them through to deals.
- Communication & handover: setting expectations so we deliver a quality service will be key, including keeping the customer, internal colleagues and systems up to date with developments, next steps and responsibilities.
3-5 major areas of responsibility with a brief description of the expected activities
- Achieve revenue & margin targets from new customers on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Create and maintain documented account development plans.
- Work with marketing or other internal departments to proactively identify and target customers.
- Build sales approaches for specific customer accounts.
- Develop and maintain an adequate pipeline of opportunities.
- Provide accurate forecasting of opportunities by effectively progressing sales opportunities.
- Keep internal systems and contacts up to date with progress.
Customer relationships & satisfaction
- Regularly meet and build effective relationships with existing and potential customers.
- Drive the promotion and sale of additional services to or through the customer.
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of customer objectives and key personnel.
- Set customer expectations during sales, delivery and throughout the contract.
- Coordinate internal teams to deliver to customer expectations.
- Escalate on behalf of the customer as required.
- Work closely with presales, delivery, support and any bid-related teams to effectively create, sell and deliver new business wins.
- Motivate and coordinate any virtual bid team to deliver a quality bid/tender ahead of deadlines.
- Qualify prospective customer accounts fully in order to ensure all likely customer questions/interests are addressed constructively during the sales process.
- Take overall responsibility for delivering any assigned opportunities, whether directly managed or through a bid team.
Product and sales expert
- Maintain a broad understanding of key products and technology relevant to our services.
- Maintain a good understanding of industry developments.
- Illustrate business advantage of our products and services to customers and other sales colleagues.
- Contribute thought and expertise to brand/marketing activities as required.
- Mentor and advise other sales colleagues in order to assist their development/closing of opportunities.
Essential (E) or desirable (D) knowledge, education, experience and skills
Education & Qualifications:Specialised/Technical
Bachelor’s degree/equivalent or significant equivalent work experience
Sales or Account Management training
Good experience of managing or closing major accounts (direct), typically of at least two years
Demonstrable experience of meeting or exceeding sales targets
Experience of using a CRM or similar tool
Experience of selling to channel/indirect customers
Experience of working within a vertical market (eg utilities/healthcare)
Experience in the SaaS or equivalent industry
Skills / Aptitude:
Good interpersonal skills, including effective influencing and negotiating
Good selling techniques eg (opening, listening, closing)
Good communication, including presentation skills and being able to adapt style to suit the audience
Numerate, able to provide accurate cost models and achieve margin targets
Attention to detail, able to spot inaccuracies or inconsistencies in materials