Business Development Manager
Location – WFH/London Office
This BDM position presents a fantastic opportunity to build a successful career in a consultancy-led market research agency serving the Healthcare, Pharma and Biotech Sectors. You will need to articulate and position both our consultancy services as well as our managed research and multimedia production services.
As a Business Development Manager, you will be tasked with generating new business sales revenue from a range UK, European and North American prospects from Biotech to mid-cap Pharmaceutical organisations, as well as growing client relationships. The role would also include assisting the review and negotiation of commercial contracts as well as marketing and reporting activities.
- Proactively generate new business with a focus on the Biotech, Pharma and Healthcare industry, as well as other key industry stakeholders, in Europe and USA (east coast market).
- Build new relationships for growth with focused and valued customer service –displaying a clear understanding of their business needs.
- Maintain a robust pipeline for future sales by sourcing new prospects as well as qualifying inbound leads for conversion
- Engage and communicate effectively with senior (often C-level) decision makers both over the telephone and face to face
- Accurately maintain and develop prospect/client data via our CRM system
- Collaborate effectively with other commercial teams to maximise revenue opportunities from prospects and existing clients
- Develop and maintain a high level of service and industry knowledge
- Attend conferences and events with the aim of developing new business and supporting existing clients
- Minimum of 1 year of sales experience into the Pharmaceutical or Life Science or Healthcare sectors.
- Strong commercial acumen with experience of presenting to senior decision makers
- Experience of attending and exhibiting at industry events and conferences
- Passionate about winning; A self-starter with a track record of success ideally in and out of the workplace
- A motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced, target driven environment
- Excellent presentation, verbal and written communications skills
- Fluency in English is vital.