This position is for a key industry which is still in full operation during the COVID19 outbreak.
Job Title:Field Service Engineer
Overall Job Purpose:Our Field Service Engineers are responsible for the routine maintenance and repairs of customer equipment. In addition to this you will be expected to maintain business relationships with customers as well as performing necessary administrative tasks and other duties within the scope of your job role.
Responsible to: Service Manager
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Servicing & Maintenance:
- Basic troubleshooting, diagnostics and fault finding
- Service, Maintain, Refurbish and Repair of customer’s equipment.
- Commissioning and Installation of customer equipment
- Use of Hand/Power tools – Ratchets, Spanner, Hammers, Etc.
- Maintenance and repair of company equipment and tools.
- Manufacture, assembly and refurbishment of machinery/parts in the workshop or at customers premises.
- Responding to call outs/breakdowns in a prompt manner at short notice
- Adhering to Health & Safety at all times
- Always provide a professional and courteous service to all customers and suppliers
- Build and maintain excellent relationships with new and existing customers, identifying their requirements where possible.
- Reporting to customer any defects or issues with equipment that could cause harm to their staff or members of the public.
- Provide help and advice to customers regarding the maintenance and repair of equipment.
- Removal of all scrap/waste from customer site and ensuring area is safe and clean before leaving.
- Check fluid levels of company service vehicles on a weekly basis and replenish as necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness of the interior/exterior of company service vehicle.
- Stock take of service vehicles when requested to do so
- Reporting any issues or damage with company vehicle to your Service Manager.
- Completion of Service Reports after every job and ensure documentation is forwarded on to the relevant personnel following work completion.
- Completion of Timesheets, Expense Forms and request forms as require.
- Assist and mentor new engineers/apprentices and give honest feedback on their performance to the service manager when requested to do so.
- Previous experience working in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering – Ideally experienced as a Field Service Engineer.
- Excellent customer service with strong communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Comfortable mentoring an apprentice/junior engineer
- Comfortable with travelling and overnight stays (where required)
Qualifications & Certification
- Diploma, City & Guilds or similar qualification in Mechanical / Electrical engineering or similar discipline
- Full Clean Driving License
- In the absence of formal qualifications, relevant previous experience will be considered.
Hours:Monday to Friday (Full time) + Overtime
Remuneration:£10.50 - £12 P/H Basic
Candidates can easily achieve £40,000 per annum with overtime/callouts
- £20 extra per day on call + additional £50 per callout
- Accommodation paid (for overnight stays) + £25 enhancement
Probation:6 months’ probation
If you would like to be considered for this position, please apply and a member of our team will be in contact.
Sapphire Recruitment embraces diversity and aims to promote the benefits of diversity in all of our business activities. We seek to develop a business culture that reflects that belief. We will expand the media in which we recruit to in order to ensure that we have a diverse employee and candidate base. We will also strive to ensure that our clients meet their own diversity targets. For our full Equal Opportunities and Diversity Policy, please refer to our website Sapphirerecruitment.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/90937399