The role of a First Line Risk and Control Manager is to support the business in ensuring a robust control framework is in place and the business maintains appropriate risk maturity levels in line with Board risk appetite, and policies are adhered to. In this role you will also co-ordinate treatment plans for inadequate controls, review customer communications to ensure they are clear, fair and not misleading and you will play a role in the product development process with a risk focus.
What you'll be responsible for as a First Line Risk and Control Manager:
- Oversee and provide assurance of the application and adherence to Policies, technology and tools, and governance processes to create lasting solutions for minimising losses from failed internal processes, inadequate controls and emerging risk across the Financial Services function.
- Independently assess risks and drive actions to address root cause that persistently lead to operational risk losses by challenging both historical and proposed processes and practices.
- Provide assurance that customer communications are in line with policy, this includes customer credit documents such as, Credit Agreement, SECCI, T&C's, letters etc that are clear, fair and not misleading.
- Execute regular audits to ensure that all communications to customers are presented as expected, reducing the risk of customer and regulatory risk.
- Assist the business in self attestation against policies on an annual basis.
- You will communicate and execute breaches in KRIs, policies and tolerances found during assessment.
- Review and approval of Financial Promotions across a variety of marketing channels in line with the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) requirements.
- Providing constructive advice and feedback to risk owners, internal stakeholders and executive members.
- Facilitate training, education sessions and provide ongoing support to the business on subject matters to improving knowledge and awareness on best practice and regulatory requirements.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration to the risks involved, safeguarding the business by adhering to policy, applying sound judgement, conduct and business practices.
- Escalating, management and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Facilitate and administrate established approval processes to support the delivery of communications to both internal and external customers.
- Assist in the product development process, providing feedback and guidance on risks posed to the business.
What you will need to succeed as a First Line Risk and Control Manager:
- Experience of working in a first line or second line risk and compliance function within Financial Services is essential.
- Practical first line experience working in an FCA regulated business, ideally with a consumer lending element to that business.
- A good level of technical awareness and understanding of conduct risk, particularly in the delivery of fair customer outcomes.
- Understanding of the regulatory environment, including the FCA customer and conduct expectations.
- Strong knowledge of the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA), Advertising Standards Agency (ASA) and Information Commissioners Office (ICO) regulations.
- Ability to diagnose and articulate material weaknesses in key controls and to identify proportionate and pragmatic solutions.
- Experience of being involved in the product development lifecycle as a risk expert
- Experience of running regulatory projects
- Experience of building strong relationships with stakeholders at all level, with a strong ability to influence.
- Experience of working with customer communications, consumer credit documents and financial promotions.
In return for your hard-work and commitment, you'll receive fantastic training and a competitive benefits package.
Employees in our business may have access to our customers' personal data therefore for a number of our roles, offers of employment are subject to a satisfactory criminal record check.
Having a criminal record will not necessarily prevent an individual from obtaining a position with JD Williams