We are currently recruiting for a passionate Room Leader to join our
wonderful East Greenwich Day Nursery and Preschool. Our nursery is
situated in Greenwich, London.
Our 52-place nursery is proudly Ofsted rated ‘Good’, consisting of
spacious home bases which are fully equipped with age appropriate
resources and our nursery features a lovely outdoor area for our
children to explore!
As a Room Leader working with us, you can expect a competitive
salary from £21,000 - £27,000 per annum, excellent training and
development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
Your role as Room Leader will include:
- Consistently deliver and plan rich learning opportunities and
exceptional care that helps all children to develop and meets their
- Make accurate and effective assessments, which reflect the needs,
interests and stages of development of the child by effective
delivery of the key person approach.
- Ensuring an enabling environment is providing consistent
stimulating and inspiring activities for the children in both the
indoor and outdoor area as a continuous provision.
- Lead, mentor and inspire a team to deliver exceptional care and
education and provide feedback to create a consistent approach of
early years practice to include but not limited to regular 1:1’s,
Supervisions and appraisals.
- Ensure that British Values are incorporated and demonstrated
through Early Years Foundation Stage learning and play.
- Safeguard and promote the health, safety and welfare of children
in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies
- Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also
meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies.
- Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour
including supporting children to manage their own feelings and behaviours.
- Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or
carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the
children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at
- Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers to
support the retention and ongoing occupancy growth
- Post qualified experience of working within the Early Years sector.
- Previous experience of working as a key person.
- Full and relevant Level 3 and or above (equivalent) Childcare qualification
- Current Paediatric First Aid if qualified after 30/06/2016.