Who Are We?
Yüme is an ambitious start-up company that thrives on bringing new values and culture to the Early Years Industry. Our teams are made up of like-minded people who share the goal of creating new and industry-leading examples of Early Years practice and working culture.
Our goals and values are deeply rooted in our core philosophies of Empowering, Nurturing and Loving. We believe that educators will only be able to provide the best nurturing, empowering and loving environment to our children once they feel also nurtured, empowered and loved by our teams in Yüme. We know this is a very challenging industry with high turnover. That is why we want to carefully seek new members with an exemplary leadership record, endless passion and a caring mind who would blend perfectly into Yume.
We provide competitive salaries with enhanced benefits and loads of professional and personal development opportunities. As a core start-up member of an ambitious and competent team, you will have the chance to grow, with plenty of room to flourish in professional expertise and leadership and with significant financial compensation.
You will be Responsible for:
- Understanding and following the Yume ethos, philosophies and cultures
- Planning, launching, managing and growing your new nursery & pre-school of 110 children capacity from age 0-5yrs in Borough of Wandsworth, London
- Manage and train a team of 20 to 40 practitioners and apprentices
- Achieving financial KPI and target occupancy
- Ensuring that the in-house developed curriculum is well implemented in practice
- Building and developing caring and responsible relationships with parents and stakeholders.
- Monitoring, planning and running logistics, day to day nursery operation including ratios and rotas
- Safeguarding and risk assessing the nursery’s day to day operation in alignment with all policies and procedures
- Assessing areas to drive improvements and escalating to management to drive enhancement and improvement of policies and procedures and practices
- Being the point of contact for health and safety
- Work a flexible shift pattern within the nursery opening hours (7am-7pm)
- Loving and being attentive to the children
Your Qualifications for this Role:
- Early Years Degree or relevant childcare qualification inline with DofE qualification criteria or recognised equivalent
- More than 2 years’ experience as a Nursery Manager at an ‘Outstanding’ rated nursery (Preferred)
- A firm knowledge of Ofsted standards and requirements
- Experience of large or multi-site nurseries
- Passion and responsibility to identify and solve problems as a firefighter
- Up to date knowledge of the latest EYFS framework and regulations
- Detail oriented, articulate, and have great interpersonal and leadership skills
- Eligible to work in UK
Our Offerings to You:
Our benefits package includes:
- £40-50k annual salary
- Performance related Bonus + Ofsted Outstanding Bonus + Employee Referral Bonus : Up to 10-15% of your salary
- Free Lunch, Snacks and Drinks
- Cycle to Work Scheme (£100 Cash for purchase of new bicycle to be used for cycling to work)
- Personal development fund of £300 per year
- Mentorship Counselling & Well-Being Support
- Birthday Gifts & Dinner Voucher
- 3 years Retention celebrating 1-week paid holiday with cash bonus
- 28 days Annual Holidays (including bank Holiday) / After completion of 1 year work, 1 holiday to be added up to max 33 days/year in total
- Fast Promotion & Salary Increase Opportunities
If you are looking for a role where you can inspire people every day, drive your passion and leadership to make differences and help create the most important time to empower and nurture our Children and their Parents, Please Apply and Join Us.
Please ensure your CV/profile includes your personal email address as this will be used to arrange phone screens for successful candidates.
At Yüme we are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Due to the nature of the job and the sector, all applicants must undergo child protection screening, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).