We are looking for dynamic and engaging Cover Supervisors for Secondary classrooms across Ellesmere Port.
Are you a recent graduate thinking about a career in teaching and would like some classroom experience? Are you looking for flexible work that can fit around your lifestyle? If so, then Tradewind can help you.
The role of a Cover Supervisor would give you the perfect insight into life in school, the classroom and give you an excellent start for your PGCE. Our Ellesmere Port secondary schools are welcoming and friendly schools that all foster a supportive and inclusive environment for all. These roles will be on a flexible daily supply basis and you could potentially work in up to 5 different schools in any given week. You can pick and choose what days you want to work, allowing complete flexibility to suit your needs.
The role of a Cover Supervisor:
* Delivery of work set by the class teacher
* Engage students and simultaneously manage behaviour
* Leave feedback for the class teacher on work completed and general class behaviour
* Follow school policies, e.g. behaviour policy (you will be made aware of these on arrival at school)
* Bookings are predominately day to day, so there is a great deal of flexibility available. However, there is also the opportunity for longer term bookings, but the majority are on a shorter term basis.
The ideal Cover Supervisor will:
* Be a Graduate (desirable but not essential)
* Have experience in a position of responsibility (Police/ Social Work/ Mentoring/ Military/ coaching- not an exhaustive list)
* Have a positive, confident and engaging demeanour
* Be able to build positive professional relationships with both staff and students
* Be able to think on your feet
* Be able to communicate effectively
* Be committed to the safeguarding and well-being of students
To join us and be successful in this Cover Supervisor role you will need:
* An Enhanced DBS Disclosure Certificate, which is on the update service or be willing to apply for one (cost refunded after the completion of 20 days' work)
* An overseas police check (if applicable) and professional reference checks
* Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
* You must have the legal right to work in the UK
The benefits of registering with Tradewind:
* We attract top education talent and in return offer top rates of pay
* We care about your training and development more than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency
* Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a brilliant bonus!
* Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
* Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
* Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
* Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Click 'Apply Now' to be considered for this Cover Supervisor job based in Ellesmere Port or call 0151 221 9666 for more information.
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer.