The Geosciences team within RSK Group is one of the UK’s largest geotechnical and contaminated land consultancies with ambitious plans for growth in the future. The Geosciences team provides consultancy and design services to a range of external clients including engineers, house-builders, oil companies and local authorities. Our current workload includes major infrastructure projects, housing developments, landfills and commercial warehouses. RSK prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development and allowing employees to reach their full potential.
RSK is currently recruiting for a Senior Geo-environmental/Geotechnical Engineer to join our Geosciences consultancy team in Coventry.
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping organize, manage and on occasion supervise and undertake ground Investigations including financial management and directing junior staff in the field. Good communication is required to inform/liaise with subcontractors and to keep the client appraised of findings and progress.
More specifically you will be:
* Designing and managing a variety of geo-environmental and geotechnical ground investigation and interpretative projects for both external clients and for other teams within RSK;
* Providing technical support at all stages of assigned projects and controlling project costs;
* Overseeing ground investigations;
* Contract administration;
* Soil and rock logging to current geotechnical standards, including laboratory scheduling;
* Geotechnical analysis and design;
* Geo-environmental assessment;
* Preparing and checking Preliminary Risk Assessments (desk studies), technical advice notes, drawings and geotechnical and geo-environmental interpretative reports;
* Prepare proposals and tenders and contribute to business development activity;
* Travel to other offices and sites within the UK;
* Prepare H&S plans and RAMS;
* Preparation of Remediation Strategy’s including verification works on site.
In addition you will:
* Mentor and support junior team members as appropriate, providing guardianship and imparting your knowledge and expertise to less experience employees;
* Establish and develop strong working relationships with new and existing clients, which is integral to the growth of the Geosciences department in Coventry and the wider business;
* Provide technical leadership in the day to day delivery of projects.
This role would be suitable for applicants who are looking develop their career to the next stage. Critically you will understand the importance of building strong working relationships by delivering a successful service on time and within budget.
* BEng or BSc or equivalent in Civil, Geology or Geotechnical Engineering or similar;
* Typically a further degree in Engineering Geology, Geotechnics or Environmental Science or equivalent would be desirable
* Registered with a suitable professional body and working towards Chartered status with a relevant institution (e.g. Geol Soc/CIWEM/ICE);
* Typically requires around 5-10 years specific relevant experience;
* A thorough understanding of geology, ground investigation works, engineering geology and geotechnical and geo-environmental engineering;
* Significant and demonstrable experience of geotechnical and geoenvironmental investigations and reporting;
* Demonstrable experience and ability to prepare Geotechnical and Geo-environmental Preliminary Risk Assessments, Factual and Interpretative Assessments;
* Able to deliver projects and work within a multi-disciplinary consultancy;
* Able to write proposals that are both technically sound and commercially accurate;
* Provide strong technical leadership and mentoring skills to junior staff;
* Strong track record in managing time and resources effectively and within budget.
Salary and benefits
* £commensurate with experience;
* Contributory Pension Scheme;
* Free life assurance cover;
* A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays and private health care;
* We encourage Continuing Professional Development and, as a Registered Practice with the Geological Society or Institute of Civil Engineers, we are committed to supporting candidates along the pathway to Chartership.
For more information please call Kate Hart, HR Business Partner on 07793 365 859 or email email@example.com.
Since 1989, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and retain talented people. Working for RSK is an opportunity to evolve as a professional, to innovate and to make a difference.
We operate an open and relaxed management culture that nurtures continuous improvement and innovation. This also enables us to achieve a staff turnover rate that's consistently below the industry average. Adopting a proactive growth strategy helps us to run a sustainable and profitable business while providing new and exciting career opportunities for all.
As an entrepreneurial organisation, we encourage and foster the growth of our employees. When joining RSK, a mentor works with you to ensure you set and achieve your goals. We want to accelerate your professional development, including opportunities for a promotional fast track.
Further, retaining staff is the building block of a successful organisation. As a company, RSK wants to ensure you maintain a healthy work life balance, with many opportunities for flexible working hours, locality flexibility, social activities, and community involvement projects.
The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. The company prides itself on providing its staff with a rewarding and challenging career, encouraging Continuous Professional Development, allowing employees to reach their full potential. Listed a being as one of the top 10 UK environmental consultancies (Environmental Analyst) and number 42 in the Sunday Times Fastrack 200 which rates the success of private companies in the UK, there has never been a more exciting time to join.
All candidates applying for positions with RSK Group must be eligible to work in the UK/European Economic Area.
RSK is committed to our Corporate Responsibility strategy. We seek to minimise our impact on the environment; to engage positively with the community and education groups; to provide a safe and supportive atmosphere in which to work; and to promote Corporate Responsibility throughout our supply chain.