An Exciting Opportunity for Social Workers in Stockport
October 2020 – 1x Full Time (37hrs) & 1 x Part Time (18.5hrs)
Stockport Council is keen to appoint an experienced Social worker to support the work of Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and Adult Safeguarding within the care home sector
Safeguarding adults at risk from abuse is a top priority in Stockport. Much has been achieved in this crucial area over recent years and we are continually striving to strengthen and develop our approach to safeguarding work.
In response to local and national drivers set by the Stockport Safeguarding Adults Board and underpinned by the Care Act 2014 Adult Safeguarding in Stockport is developing and changing, creating a model to take Stockport into the future. We are aiming to streamline the model, to ensure a proportionate and effective approach is taken where abuse is known or suspected. The Safeguarding Adult Service also leads on promoting good practice regarding the implementation of the statutory principles of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 and ensures Stockport Council fulfils its statutory function as Supervisory Body with regard to Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards (DOLS) in hospitals, Care Homes and within the Community.
The core aims of the service are to ensure that;
• We have a positive impact on people’s lives.
• The Council is able meet the legal requirements of the Mental Capacity Act 2005 including Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards and the implementation of the Liberty Protection Safeguards
• The Council is able to implement the requirements of the Care Act 2014
• We provide expert advice and support to the wider social work teams on complex safeguarding, best interest, and Court of Protection cases
• The service works in partnership with colleagues and partners in the care and support sector to help drive improvements in the delivery of excellent, safe and dignified care.
We are recruiting to one full time permanent social work post and one part time permanent post. We are able to offer exciting opportunities for motivated, flexible, talented and experienced professionals who want to be part of a dynamic, developing service taking the Adult Safeguarding and Mental Capacity agenda forward here in Stockport. DOLS refresher accreditation will be provided where appropriate and training in line with changes outlined in the Mental Capacity (Amendment ) Act 2019.
The successful applicant's appointment will be subject to satisfactory clearance by the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Closing Date for applications: 02/11/2020
Interview Dates: 17/11/2020 & 18/11/2020
All interviews will be conducted via office 365 teams
Job Description and Person Specification
Stockport Council – Valuing Diversity
Back to results