Your primary responsibility is to administer monthly payroll for 1000 employees, plus seasonal employees, inhouse whilst supporting the HR, Training and Recruitment functions. You will be comfortable working in a multisite role, in a very busy HR office.
- Providing payroll duties, including administration to ensure all our employees are paid accurately and on time.
- Performing all activities necessary to process the payroll, including liaising with payroll provider, maintaining related records, preparing accounting spreadsheets and documents, and preparing special reports for management.
- Managing all payroll resources as appropriate.
- Investigating and resolving payroll queries.
- Dealing with pension contributions and holiday calculations.
- Process data to monitor compliance with the Working Time Directive.
- Manage Payroll deductions, attachment of earnings and CSA.
- Contract administration, preparing new starter contracts and issuing to new staff members.
- Keep HR files up to date.
- Ensure compliance with sensitive and confidential information in accordance with the provisions of GDPR.
- Support HR team with administration of courses, recruitment etc.
- Support HR team with investigations and disciplinaries administration.
Who we are looking for:
- 4 years of experience with payroll processing start to finish, ideally in a retail environment.
- Must have in-house payroll experience.
- Previous experience with SAGE preferable.
- Experience of Aegon pension administration advantageous.
- Knowledge of payroll regulations and requirements.
- Good ability of all Microsoft applications especially Word and Outlook.
- Strong Excel experience.
- Clear and concise communication (oral and written).
- Excellent inter-personal skills.
- Organised, self-disciplined with a positive, collaborative attitude.
- Ability to deliver high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong numerical skills.
- High integrity ensuring confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to self-manage working with minimal supervision.
- Talent to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer service, professionalism and courtesy to our employees at all levels.