Building surveyor - permanent - Birmingham area
Your new company
A Birmingham private practise is looking to hire a passionate Building surveyor. They established one of the largest teams of surveyors in the property sector and pride themselves as a people business.
Your new role
* Client management and contract administration/practice duties
* Provide advice on the design, construction, maintenance, repair and refurbishment of all types of residential, commercial properties and academic
* Carry out building, measured and basic condition surveys
* Ensure buildings conform to the latest building regulations and technical standards
* Taking particulars on site, writing up specifications, obtaining estimates, planning maintenance programmes and administering contracts for maintenance work
* Analyse and report on building defects
* Handling claims and negotiations with loss adjusters leading to the preparation of drawings and specifications for remedial work
* Prepare schedules of dilapidations (land and buildings)
* Provide advice in connection with planning applications, appeals and boundary disputes
What you'll need to succeed
A positive and passionate attitude.
Relevant degree- RICS approved
Good CAD drawing/ spec writing skills
some private practise experience
What you'll get in return
A competitive salary, with the opportunity to join a successful, growing team.
With generous benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.