Head of HR & Organisational Development
The Mere, Upton Park, Slough, Berkshire
At NFER our mission is to improve outcomes for future generations everywhere, supporting positive change across education systems. We have over 75 years’ experience in creating and sharing research, evidence and insights on education policy and practice, informing policymakers and other key decision makers, and strengthening practice in the classroom.
In the last 6 years we have undergone significant growth, including expanding into new international markets. With further growth and transformational change under way, the Head of HR and OD will play a crucial part in shaping the organisational culture through its HRM practices and supporting the delivery of NFER’s ambitious strategy.
In this role you will lead an agile, forward thinking and strategic HR function that meets the future needs of the organisation. Working closely with the CEO and Senior Management Team (SMT), you’ll be accountable for driving the successful growth of NFER through its people and culture.
Our people are central to our success. You’ll shape and drive a positive leadership culture, lead an approach to HR that enables high performance, ensures high levels of wellbeing and staff engagement and provides the timely delivery of resource, talent, skills and expertise needed for the business to thrive.
As someone passionate about human resources, who can build strong relationships and trust at all levels, you’ll be a strong leader with a person-centric approach who is proactive and visible across the organisation and able to contribute to our future strategy development and delivery.
A bit about you…
We don’t mind what sector you come from but what will be clear is your ability to be operationally focused with success at designing and implementing HRM that delivers tangible business benefits. Your HR background will cover leadership, performance, reward and talent and we are particularly keen if you have supported businesses through periods of growth and change. As a trusted advisor, able to coach and counsel at all levels, you won’t be afraid to challenge the norm. You’ll make it your business to proactively break down barriers to enable to business to thrive.
Your technical background:
- Ideally CIPD qualified to at least level 7
- Experience of leading HR activities and used to working at a strategic level
- Experience leading teams through organisational change, driving a performance culture and developing high performing leaders, employees and teams
- A track record of developing a strong internal team that is fit for purpose and can deliver high quality HR services
- Deep and broad knowledge and understanding of UK employment law, and proven experience of advising on a wide range of employment law related matters
- Experience of developing and embedding people-focused HR strategies and plans to deliver commercial and other business objectives
- Experience in business transformation
- Experience of leading HR activities in the context of a global organisation, and knowledge of sourcing global suppliers and vendors for relevant employment services
You may have previously held the role of Head of HR, Head of Human Resources, Senior HR Manager, HR Business Partner, HRBP, or Human Resources Business Partner.
- Competitive salary
- Generous pension scheme
- Free parking
- 42 days’ holiday including Bank Holidays and discretionary days
- Excellent support for professional development
- Great work/life balance (35 hours worked per week)
We offer a pleasant office environment surrounded by green space that’s just 15 minutes from London Paddington and an easy drive from the M4, M40 and London Heathrow.
The closing date for applications is midnight Sunday 15th November.
NFER is a not-for-profit organisation and an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
If you have any questions about the role you can contact our Recruitment Team.
So, if you are looking for a fresh, new challenge as a Head of HR and OD, apply via the button shown. This vacancy has been placed by Webrecruit on behalf of NFER.