Please refer to Job DescriptionWe welcome and encourage applications from everyone, including groups currently underrepresented in our workforce and pride ourselves as being an employer of choice. To find out more about how we champion diversity and inclusion in the workplace, visit: https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/ministry-of-justice/about/equality-and-diversity
Delivery - The jobs at this level will be task focused delivering defined activity or services.
Job holders within this Group Profile provide administrative support to managers and frontline staff by undertaking transactional work in a particular area.
The job holder is expected to be competent in their area of work, any specific qualifications or training required will be detailed in the relevant job description.
This is a non operational role which may involve contact with prisoners depending on their area of work.
This role has no line management responsibilities.
Typical tasks associated with this Group
• Organise, produce and maintain accurate records for area of work
• Act as contact point for all communications to the team. Prioritise and distribute communications to the appropriate person or relevant department in establishment
• Complete monitoring returns for area of work
• Input requisitions on to the finance database and process requisitions for defined area of work
• Co-ordinate any awareness sessions for area of work
• Prepare paperwork for checking by manager, conducting initial checks as required
• Correspond with relevant stakeholders and agencies to ensure that they are aware of information so that information is adequately shared
• Maintain and check establishment databases, manual filing systems and logs of information, responding within agreed timescales and producing reports as required
• Collate information relating to relevant Service Delivery Indicators (SDI's)
• Act as secretary to meetings as required including organising agenda, taking, distributing minutes and action points
Job Descriptions relating to this Group Profile
The job holder once in post will be in matched to a job description; a sample list is shown below. The post is rotational so the job holder could during their career carry out the role of different job descriptions.
• Business Administrator : Activity Hub
• Business Administrator : Business Hub
• Business Administrator : Equality
• Business Administrator : Estates
• Business Administrator : Management Coordinator
• Business Administrator : Offender Management Hub
• Business Administrator : People Hub
• Business Administrator : Programmes
• Business Administrator : Psychology
• Business Administrator : Safe Decent and Secure
• Business Administrator : Safer Custody
• Business Administrator : Security Intelligence Collator
• Business Administrator : Substance Misuse and Drug Strategy
• Business Administrator : Healthcare
• Business Administrator : Observation, Categorisation and Allocation (OCA)
• Business Administrator : Establishment Television Systems
• Business Administrator: Mobilisation, Transition and Transformation Administration Support
• Business Administrator: Regional Admin support Wales
• Business Administrator: Regional Estates Team
• Business Administrator: Safe Decent and Secure Benchmark
• Business Administrator: Equality Benchmark
• Business Administrator: Safer Custody Benchmark
• Business Administrator: Resettlement Worker Benchmark
• Business Administrator: OMU Benchmark
• Business Administrator: Regional Admin Support (North East)
• Business Administrator: Regime Development
Job holders must complete specific training in their specialism once they take up post.
An ability to fulfil all spoken aspects of the role with confidence through the medium of English or (where specified in Wales) Welsh
Hours of Work and Allowances
37 hour working week
Please refer to Job Description
We'll assess you against these behaviours during the selection process:
- Changing and Improving
- Working Together
- Delivering at Pace
We'll assess you against these technical skills during the selection process:
- Acceptable working knowledge of Microsoft packages
• Access to learning and development
• A working environment that supports a range of flexible working options to enhance your work life balance
• A working culture which encourages inclusion and diversity
• A civil service pension
• Annual Leave
• Public Holidays
• Season Ticket Advance
For more information about the recruitment process, benefits and allowances and answers to general queries, please click the below link which will direct you to our Candidate Information Page.
Link: https://justicejobs.tal.net/vx/candidate/cms/About%20the%20MOJSuccessful candidates must pass a disclosure and barring security check.People working with government assets must complete basic personnel security standard checks.This vacancy is using Success Profiles, and will assess your Behaviours and Technical skills.https://justicejobs.tal.net/vx/candidate/cms/About%20the%20MOJ
Feedback will only be provided if you attend an interview or assessment.Open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) and certain non EEA nationals. Further information on whether you are able to apply is available here.The Civil Service Code sets out the standards of behaviour expected of civil servants.
We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition, as outlined in the Civil Service Commission's recruitment principles.The Civil Service embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunities. As such, we run a Disability Confident Scheme (DCS) for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.