At ConvaTec, our vision is to develop pioneering trusted medical solutions to improve the lives we touch. We are a global medical technology business focused on serving people and care givers in the areas of advanced wound care, ostomy care, continence and critical care and infusion care. We devise, develop and manufacture innovative products and services that support people with deeply personal and challenging medical conditions, helping to improve care for them and giving them greater confidence, freedom and mobility.
We are guided by our five core values, that shape the way we work, every day: Improve Care, Deliver Results, Grow Together, Own It and Do What’s Right. We are a global Group, with over 9,000 employees and in 2019, our Group generated revenues of over $1.827 billion. To learn more about ConvaTec, please visit www.convatecgroup.com.
At ConvaTec we’re transforming our business for the better. Better products. Better ways of working. And better ways of delivering for our customers and each other. We’re aiming for nothing short of excellence. Join us as a EHS Advisor and you’ll do the same.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To assist in the development and embedding of an improving safety culture across all areas of the business.
- Provide EHS guidance and advice to all levels in the business, in order that employees have the required knowledge and awareness to improve practices and operate safely.
- Design and deliver EHS training to all levels of the site team.
- Monitor and drive completion of site compliance tasks including closing the gaps actioned through the site legal registers.
- Build new processes and systems to support achievement of best in class EHS management.
- Lead and assist in site investigations, always placing the emphasis on learning and improving.
- Gathering relevant data to support and carry out statutory reporting as per business and external requirements including regulatory.
- Maintain waste, emissions and energy records in line with statutory requirements.
- Level 5 qualification in Health and Safety Management
- Relevant qualification and experience of environmental management
- Experience in a similar role in high hazard industry
- Designing, writing and implementing EHS processes.
- Working knowledge of environmental permitting and statutory reporting.
- Operation and maintenance of ISO 14001 certified management system.
- Providing internal training to employees at all levels.
- Reviewing and supporting the risk assessment process.
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills with an ability to challenge and question all levels with the organisation.
- Strong communication, coaching and influencing skills.
- Flexible approach with an open-minded attitude to achieving results.
Desired Competencies (not essential)
- Knowledge of process safety management including DSEAR regulations.
- Working knowledge of implementing and maintaining a health and safety management system certified to ISO 45001 standard.
- Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality, HR, Corporate EHS
- Health and Safety Executive, Natural Resources Wales, Consultants, Auditors and Contractors
- Yes (maximum 10% with overnight stay)
Language Skills Required
- Writing/Reading: Yes English*
This role is based in a combination of offices, site and clean room environment.
Flexible working hours may be required per business needs.
ConvaTec provides equal employment opportunities for all current employees and applicants for employment. This policy means that no one will be discriminated against because of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, nationality, citizenship, ancestry, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, genetic predisposing characteristics or any other basis prohibited by law.
Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives: ConvaTec is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this job posting. Resumes submitted to any ConvaTec employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of ConvaTec. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral. Thank you.
If you are an active employee at ConvaTec, please do not apply here. Go to the Career Worklet on your Workday home page and View "ConvaTec Internal Career Site - Find Jobs". Thank you!