United Kingdom - Hampshire, Basingstoke
E&GE Cross-Sector Business Development Manager
Our Environment & Ground Engineering Team are looking to hire a Strategic Business Development Director to join our UKI
The focus of the role will be client-facing, identifying opportunity, then leading the winning and delivery of projects, particularly working collaboratively with our teams to secure new and repeat business. Key to success of the role will be ensuring that you identify and win work which then includes your oversight of delivery with all necessary and appropriate support. Management of the transition from work winning to delivery is critical to maintain the right project approach and continue to engage meaningfully with your client.
This role can be based in any of our offices in the UKI however it is likely to require considerable time in London office and travel within UK and internationally. Focus will be on development of the Environmental Contracting area of the UKI Environment and Ground Engineering business with support to wider AECOM as required.
Role will report to the Managing Director for Environmental Contracting. The role may require line management of other staff but will require effective management of a virtual team drawn from across the business.
- In all aspects of the role whether in business development or project delivery, demonstrate leadership in health and safety, and live genuinely and authentically all AECOM values as an example for our teams and clients to aspire to.
- Act as primary contact for our clients, developing relationships through an understanding of their needs to formulate bespoke strategies and solutions that clearly add value to their organisations.
- Assist in development of the contracting business through the extension of our current contracts and frameworks, identifying and developing opportunities where we may be able to extend our consultancy services into engineering and execution of field survey or works as prime.
- Take a lead on business development in new sectors, writing proposals, as capture manager and securing viable, profitable and sustainable work for the EMEA Environment and Ground Engineering business.
- Pro-actively engage with and build upon relationships with both existing and prospective clients to secure new and repeat business which you have a role in delivering in the function of Project Director, advisor or Verifier.
- Focusing on our larger contracts and frameworks, work with clients and internal stakeholders to manage the delivery of our work scopes, with the aim of maximising the value of our work to AECOM and our clients, maintaining a healthy pipeline of work packages.
- Take the role of Senior Project Manager or Project Director for our larger multidisciplinary projects, providing project leadership and promoting internal collaboration and communication across disciplines to lead successful project outcomes both for AECOM and our clients.
- Management of project teams including team mentoring and management. Play a role in the engineering management and technical assurance of our engineering deliverables.
- Build strong and effective working relationships with all project stakeholders and ensure that project teams manage stakeholders effectually.
- Substantial previous experience of development and delivery of associated project work within a business development role within a contracting environment.
- Plans, organizes and implements business development activities for an assigned market, geographic territory or region.
- Manages and oversees business development staff.
- Participates in decision-making.
- Works independently to pursue development of new business prospects.
- Assists in the development of proposals and gives presentations to potential clients.
- Generally has business development and/or technical experience, may require hands-on cost proposal development.
- Relevant Qualification
Your benefits will include:
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.
What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.
Job Category Business Development
Business Line Environment
Business Group Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)
Country United Kingdom
Position Status Full-Time
Requisition/Vacancy No. 241200BR
Additional Locations UK - Birmingham - Colmore Plaza, UK - Bristol - Portwall Place, UK - Croydon - Bedford Park, UK - London - Aldgate Tower, UK - St. Albans
Clearance Required No
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.