Janitor/Caretaker x5 - start date from 2nd November
Contract: Temporary Ongoing with potential for permanent contract
Many Schools are needing support now more than ever during these difficult times, and Blue Arrow Derby are proud to be working with a number of Trusts, Schools and Academies to provide this support and to create a safe place that allows young people to learn without feeling at risk.
We are looking for a handy person or caretaker to contribute to providing this safe place for students and teachers.
Your duties would include but aren't limited to the following:
* Ensuring general appearance of the building is maintained at the required standard.
* Carrying out fire alarm and emergency lighting tests.
* General safety inspections, such as risk assessments and COSHH procedures.
* Ensure clear and safe access to the school for children and staff.
* PAT Testing
* Setting up and clearing away furniture
* General cleaning duties (such as vacuuming/mopping, wiping surfaces, ensuring gullies/drains are free from debris etc.)
* Manage and coordinate site staff and make sure that equipment is being operated effectively.
* Complying with policies relating to Child Protection, Health, Safety and Security, Data Protection, Confidentiality, protecting the welfare on any children you come into contact with and reporting all concerns.
The ideal candidate:
* Previous experience as a site supervisor/caretaker desirable
* Full clean driving license
* Is able to lift items and use a ladder to access platform heights
* Ability to use initiative and manage work effectively.
* Understands responsibilities of the Trust and schools.
* Able to communicate effectively with diverse groups.
* Has a current enhanced DBS which covers Child Workforce, issued within the last 12 months and part of the update service.
Hours, and pay : 37.5 hours per week
* This is based on a rota system that will cover Mon to Sun between 5.45am to 10.00pm
* Occasionally being on call in respect to intruder/fire alarm activation.
* £10 per hour
Location: Derby, Mackworth.
Want to apply?
If this sounds like something that you would be interested in then CLICK APPLY! We will aim to process your application and get In touch as quickly as possible.