What's involved with this role: A Basic DBS is required.
A Management Information Officer is required to support the Performance and Quality Officer in the development of the information management strategy to enable the service to provide high quality accessible information for Early Years and Parenting (children and young people aged 0-19, early years and children’s centre data). The post holder will undertake a range of systems administration duties, including system set up, enabling system users to use systems effectively and management of the quality of data entered on the system, ensuring that technical issues are referred and addressed by system suppliers Key responsibilities:
Please quote the Job Title & Vacancy Reference No. in your application, or we will be unable to match your CV to the role being applied for. “Essential Requirements” – Please check to ensure that your CV addresses the following items:
- Maintain appropriate management information systems to support the needs of the Early Years and Parenting Service including performance, research and other data and information
- Carry out the role of the system administrator for the management information systems - Synergy EIS/EISi Case Management and Synergy FIS
- Test the systems for usability of all required functions and refer all technical issues for enhancement or improvement to the management
- Induct new users into the systems providing group training and one-to-one support, ensuring that they become proficient; as well as providing solution for problems while maintaining the security of local information system
- Provide effective support to management to ensure that informed decisions can be taken based on a sound analysis of credible performance management and outcome focused reporting through reporting services
- Audit information entered into the system and report non-compliance or difficulties encountered to the management
- Monitoring the quality of data entered into management information systems used in the service and questioning the entry of data that is inaccurate
- Undertake the regular gathering and quarterly up-dating of information from childcare and family support providers via available online tools, questionnaires, email and telephone
- Assist with the production of reports, discussion papers, briefings and other documents for different audiences including members, senior officers, DfE and other external agencies.
Other preferable/desirable details to include on your CV, if applicable
- Our clients are generally seeking applicants who are reasonably local, so on that basis we would ideally like you to supply us with your address (or at least your post code) and a telephone number so that we can reach you during working hours.
- Your recent UK working experience going back at least 5 years, or full employment history if you have been working for fewer years than this.
- Your availability to work either immediately, or at short notice.
- Unless the DBS requirement stated above is for a Basic Disclosure, your DBS must be either through us or be accompanied by a subscription to the DBS updating service.
- ***Qualification details and all other experience/skills relevant to the job role to help support your application (and help us to help you!) – please give full details within your CV document.
- Knowledge & Skills:
- Able to implement, maintain and develop Performance Management Systems to meet Statutory and Corporate reporting requirements.
- High level of literacy and numeracy.
- Knowledge of the Data Protection principles and information sharing standards.
- Able to demonstrate experience and an aptitude for training and supporting others, formally or informally, in the use of Information systems.
- Clear and concise communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Experience in supporting performance management processes and outcome focused reporting, in particular using MS reporting.
- Experience relating to the setting up and maintaining of management information systems and production of statistical information.
- Experience of supporting users with the use of systems in person, over the telephone and through written correspondence.
- Experience of data handling and analysis of data/statistics.
- Strong IT skills including Microsoft packages.
- Any local authority/public sector experience.
- Any relevant qualifications held or being studied for.
If you would prefer to send a CV straight to us rather than by way of an on-line application, you are very welcome to do so via firstname.lastname@example.org but please quote both the job reference and job title exactly as they appear below: Job Ref: Lambeth RQ403180 Anticipated Length of Assignment:
Unless otherwise stated (we do carry the occasional permanent vacancy) all of our roles are technically temporary, though opening assignments can be and often are, extended by clients on a longer term basis and can sometimes become permanent. Please do try to resist contacting us with requests for progress updates.
We really do read every CV sent to us. All applications will be acknowledged by a human, not a robot, provided the job remains live and provided your CV meets the “Essential Requirements” listed. Please note that we do our level best to take down ads as soon as roles have been filled. We are not in the business of harvesting CVs. Important
: We will interpret your application as being permission to submit your CV to this role (with the right to represent you) unless you advise us to the contrary.