developer, engineer, C, C#, C++, java, smalltalk, edinburgh, visualworks, matlab, labview, OOP, OOSoftware Engineer
What you’ll be doing:
- Designing, coding, testing and maintaining key software using tools like Smalltalk / VisualWorks and LabVIEW
- Working across the full software development lifecycle
- Operating as part of a collaborative development team in a unique work setting
- Some occasional global travel to customer sites to act as a technical resource, resolve issues and gather requirements
What you’ll bring to the table:
- Strong knowledge of Object oriented programming C++ / Java / C# / etc.
- Ideally but not necessarily some experience of Smalltalk / VisualWorks / LabVIEW / Matlab or similar
- Excellent communication skills and team working abilities
- Basic understanding of networking principles would be beneficial but not necessary
Abrecco’s Edinburgh based client currently has a great opportunity for a Junior-Mid level Software Engineer / Developer to join a growing team who program solutions used to create precise mechanical and electronic components so this role ideally suited to someone with a mix of software with electronics or engineering.
What they’re looking for in this valuable and proactive new addition is a Software Engineer / Developer with a good grasp of OOP, and ideally experience working with - or an interest in learning - tools like Smalltalk VisualWorks and LabVIEW.
This is a great opportunity for a passionate and ambitious individual to gain full lifecycle experience while working in a great R&D-style environment, learn new skills across the board, and get stuck into a truly end-to-end role where you’ll be designing, coding, debugging, testing, deploying and improving core solutions used by customers across the globe.
You’ll be able to drive your career forward, be well rewarded for your efforts, feel like you’re making an impact and gain new and valuable technical knowledge in a great team setting. So apply now with your latest CV and get in touch with Liam for more info