Would you like the opportunity to work with some of the world’s largest brands? If so, read on…
DCS is the UK’s official sales and distribution company for P&G, Gillette, Unilever, Colgate, SC Johnson and more and we are looking to recruit a National Account Manager – Discount (9 – 12 months fixed-term contract to cover maternity) to join our team based in Banbury. In return, we are offering a competitive salary plus excellent company benefits.
What will you be doing as our National Account Manager?
- Deliver and exceed against DCS sales and margin targets.
- To build successful relationships with new and existing DCS customers, growing DCS market share through the relevant customer, category and shopper growth drivers.
- To build, own and deliver the volume and value forecast for the assigned customer portfolio.
- To continuously improve DCS’ financial performance through customer behaviours, managing supplier investment and terms agreements (impacting, for example, cash flow, stock days, avg. case value, logistics efficiencies etc.)
National Account Manager Working Hours: 09.00-17.00
Your responsibilities will include:
- Delivery of supplier objectives in line JBPs.
- Customer understanding (e.g. KPIs, contacts, retail portfolio / formats, shopper profile, corporate & category strategy, pricing and promo strategy, category size, competitive set, competitive USPs, supply chain structure etc).
- Customer strategy
- Collaborative volume & value forecasting.
- Joint ownership of account business modelling - long term strategic modelling of supplier investment, building customer plans with analysis of ROI.
- Tracking of customer budgeted investment, effectively processing invoices and claims.
- Understanding of customer P&L.
- Rebates / accruals set-up.
- Influence range & distribution.
- EPOS data tracking and analysis.
- Competitor intelligence.
- Produce effective reports to be distributed both internally / externally.
What makes you our ideal National Account Manager?
- Results focused
- Basic leadership skills
- Good commercial awareness
- Strong communicator
- Customer focused
- Good influencing skills
- Intermediate negotiation
- Stakeholder management
- Category management
- Email, Excel & PowerPoint
- Intermediate Commercial Business Modelling / P&L ownership
- Planning and organising
- Effective meetings
- Must have extensive experience of working with Discount clients
DCS is a Top 250 private company in the UK – if you wish to be part of our expanding company which offers exciting opportunities for career progression, we look forward to hearing from you.
Click ‘Apply’ now to find out more about our National Account Manager position!