Rullion have an exciting opportunity for an EHS Manager to join an established Rolling Stock company, based out of their Liverpool and Chester Depots.
You will be required to report to the EHS Operations Manager and act as the Train Care Centre project support for EHS. You will be responsible for pro-actively co-ordinating the businesses EHS activities at the site to ensure that Based at Liverpool Train Care Centre. Required to spend 1/2 days per week at Chester Train Care Centre at 39 hours per week.
Main duties and responsibilities will be to:
* Help develop and implement strategies taking into account the client and Corporate requirements for managing and continually improving the company's processes delivering the required safety and environmental standards.
* Ensure that there are adequate documented safety and environmental processes and procedures in place to address the activities of the business and location. Where practicable, help to ensure that such processes and procedures are common across locations and take into account R&I best practice.
* Communicate widely, effectively and consistently within the company to ensure safety and environmental issues and responsibilities are recognised and addressed by Line managers.
* Ensure that safety roles and responsibilities are clear to all within the applicable TCC.
* Help to promote a culture, which enables the company to meet its EHS objectives and gain recognition as an industry leader.
* Carry out all duties in accordance with the R&I UK&I EHS and safety procedures.
* Develop (where applicable), communicate, implement and monitor EHS Standards within R&I UK&I Maintenance Business to meet regulatory, company and customer standards, minimising risks to employees and the company.
* Ensure recommendations related to EHS from investigations and enquiries are implemented.
* Ensure audit results, statistical analysis and corrective actions are reported at scheduled meetings as appropriate, and in a manner consistent with Business systems, and that sufficient audits are undertaken to assess on-going compliance with EHS requirements.
* Ensure any potential risks, bought to the post holders attention, are investigated and proper controls implemented across at the site.
* Ensure that EHS documents and data are maintained to ensure compliance with requirements.
* Support commercial activity on EHS matters, when pre-qualifications or tenders for work are undertaken.
* Support Infrastructure on EHS matters, in selection & management of contractors & suppliers.
* Represent the Business, as necessary, with external bodies and regulators in meetings related to EHS matters.
* Contribute, as an R&I UK&I representative, in Environmental, H&S or other joint meetings, through active participation, to improve Business processes.
* Present and report at Business Safety Council or other occasions as required, on EHS performance and risks affecting the R&I UK&I Business.
* Promote a positive culture of active participation, at all levels of the Business, for matters relating to EHS to ensure compliance with requirements.
* Provide and communicate safety related status reports to higher management.
* Communicate with clients in aspects of safety related incidents.
* Carry out activities necessary in order to help achieve business safety objectives.
Qualifications and Experience:
* Health Safety & Environmental Management (NEBOSH general certificate / IOSH managing safely) level preferred
* Experience in an engineering type environment with some Health & Safety background
* Good Microsoft software skills essential, outlook, word, excel, powerpoint
* Have general safety awareness techniques, fire safety and COSHH knowledge.
Please note that the client operates a Strict Drugs & Alcohol Policy.
Rullion celebrates and supports diversity and is committed to ensuring equal opportunities for both employees and applicants.