Senior Highways Engineer - Kent
A Multi-disciplinary consultancy who are at the forefront of sustainable designs and measures and innovative thinking are looking to add a Senior Highways Engineers to join their engineering team and brand-new office based in Kent. This forward-thinking practice operates in a range of sectors working with both private sector clients and local authorities.
As a Senior Highways Engineer your role will include managing engineering design, technical analysis, research, calculations, and reporting as required to support our clients. You will manage projects with autonomy and be the primary point of contact with clients. You will be responsible for delegating to and managing the work of others. You will support less experienced engineers and technicians in our team to ensure they have the appropriate training, experience and opportunities to develop.
About the role:
- The design and documentation of Highway and Transportation projects both preliminary and detailed
- To lead on projects ensuring Project Centre and the Engineering team deliver the agreed commissions and that client expectations are met or exceeded
- To lead the engineering input at all stages of a multi-disciplinary project from conceptual design, through the project cycle to site monitoring
- Production and checking of drawings and reports
- Conduct any liaison or consultation with statutory authorities or undertakers as necessary to implement the construction of the project
- Communicating with suppliers, clients and contractors
- Give technical advice to our clients and potential clients
- Ensuring that projects are delivered on time and to budget
- Support junior staff with their training and development
- Accredited degree in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
- Consideration given to significant relevant experience in lieu of specified education and professional qualification.
- In depth understanding of Highway/ Engineering Design and design standards
- Knowledge of engineering design, related legislation, contract procurement and contract administration
- Good project management skills and financial management
- Evidence showing continuous professional development
The position comes with:
- 25 days' annual leave + Bank Holidays!
- Continuous training and development
- Yearly Professional Membership of your choice
- Plenty of company organised social functions!
For more information or to apply please send a CV to
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/91047749