We’re a Global Marine and Offshore EPC services provider based in Hammersmith, London and this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Accountant.
What is the role?
The position would suit someone who is comfortable working independently and has experience in this type of role. Ideally someone who can take immediate responsibility for the finance function and provide sound financial support.
This is a hands-on role where you will gain exposure to the commercial aspect of accounting in a global organization. You will be reporting to the Group Management Accountant. You will be managing a team of 1-2 accountants / bookkeepers in Head office and overseas offices.
Part qualified by experience or AAT or ACCA part qualified with at least 2-3 years' work experience within a growing multi-site SME business.
An excellent team player.
- Manage and carry out day to day bookkeeping duties with multiple currency and location.
- Solid knowledge of project based accounting record and reconciliation with operational department revenue and Cost of sales
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed and reported
- Create systems to prevent errors in data closely to check for discrepancies
- Suppliers reconciliations and payment review , prepare payment run to supplies with various currency
- Administration of invoice financing facilities
- Allocate payment received from Customer sales invoice with different currency accurately.
- Reconcile payment received from customer with Invoice factoring bank.
- Prepare Debtors report Weekly basis and reconcile with each office
- Preparation Age receivable report Weekly basis
- Preparation of Age payable report and reconcile with suppliers statement
- Bank reconciliation with different currency account
- Oversee all company accounts and investment
- Suppliers reconciliations and payment review
- Ad hoc management reporting
Support the Group Management Accountant for:
- Production of detailed monthly management accounts against budgets and information for internal stakeholders, senior management and external stakeholders.
- Preparation of year end reports for all offices and audit support
- Preparing cash flow forecast for rolling 3 months
- Identifying areas for accounts reporting & process improvement
- Proven solid experience as Accountant.
- Proven experience in similar job role and industry
- Ability to work on own initiative, decisively and contribute to key business decisions
- Strong experience in producing detailed analysis reports, data analysis and forecasting
- Must have knowledge and experience using Xero and Sage accounting software
- High level IT skills especially Macro level Excel able to create new financial models
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software
- Strong inter personal and communication skills
- Proven can – do attitude with an ability to work calmly and accurately
- A Self – motivated individual that can work to strict time deadlines
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and people skills
- BA in Accounting & Finance
- Private medical insurance with dental allowance, after probation period
- 25 days’ holidays per annum