Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Microsoft Applications Developer at either Senior or Principle Consultant grades in our Canary Wharf office within the Environmental & Infrastructure International (E&II) Business.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Power Platform Technical Specialist to take on a key role that will help shape Wood's Digital, Data & Technology offering and solutions, working with our internal teams and clients to support project and programme delivery, data guardianship and information use across a global business. Key Responsibilities
Skills / Qualifications Skills / Experience Essential:
- Working on technology solutions using the Microsoft Office 365 Power Platform and other Microsoft Office 365 Applications (e.g. PowerApps, Power BI, SharePoint, Power Automate...etc.) to improve data capture, storage, rationalisation, analysis, reporting & visualisation capabilities for the organisation
- Play a key role in developing our Digital Tiger team, delivering the goal of helping clients turn data into useful information to form the basis of decisions
- Provide a senior technical point of contact for internal and external clients, supporting their digital delivery requirements, providing expert advice and increasing value add and new business opportunities
- Working alongside and supporting our lead developer on technical knowledge and solutions to deliver integrated data analysis and reporting against varying requirements and scopes
- Taking responsibility for delivery of products and solutions to budget, time and scope with rigorous UAT and entry into service process compliance, and excellent customer care and satisfaction outcomes.
- Significant experience in creating & delivering solutions using Microsoft Power Platform (Power Apps, Power Automate & Power BI)
- PowerApps development experience including experience in best practices for building Canvas Apps & Flows
- Power Automate development experience to create automated, instant, and scheduled flows using premium and standard connectors, and the ability to use Control & Data Operations with a good understanding and ability to write Custom Expressions using Power Automate Functions
- Power BI development experience with proven application of skills and ability to design effective BI user interface and underlying data models to client requirements
- Experience of working with and developing Microsoft Office 365 Applications including SharePoint, Teams, Planner, amongst others
- Familiar with Database Software (e.g. Microsoft, Oracle, AWS) which enables the user to create, populate and manipulate data structures
- A desire to develop new skills and stay up to date with the latest developments in data management and analytics
- Significant industry experience including digitalisation and delivery of platform solutions for workflows and automation in the built environment sector
- Evidence of success in leading and delivery technology projects to client requirements and satisfaction as well as understanding and managing key risks and challenges.
- Experience of delivering to timescales within the framework of projects
- Stakeholder Management skills
- Ability to create and providing training to people (both internal and external users)
- Experience with Information management systems, electronic management systems
- Data Model Design
- Consultative approach and consultancy experience, ability to understand client requirements, develop solutions and undertake User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Technology or data focused degree (or equivalent experience)
- Recognised Office 365 / Power Platform training and capabilities
- Professional Body membership or desire to gain a professional qualification
- System and tool certifications / formal industry training
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com Diversity Statement
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.