Location: Flexible, Field based customer facing role
Do you want to work for a global company where promoting gender equality is central to our vision of creating a truly diverse and inclusive business ? Where everyone matters, and everyone belongs.
More from us : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JzZfovyFZcY
Eaton is a power management company actively engaged in the transition towards a low-carbon energy future across the world. We have a particular focus on enabling the energy transition in buildings with our advanced technology portfolio including: renewable energy integration, energy storage, EnergyAware UPS, microgrids and electrical vehicle charging infrastructure.
As the Sales Application Engineer, you will be working as a bridge between customers, sales and engineering teams, use customer input and sales information to design or re-design, develop, test and implement complex hardware and software applications. You will also provide technical support and expertise to customers, testing applications, responding to customer feedback, installations, maintenance and occasionally performing expert presentations and demonstrations.
Main duties will include designing hardware/software applications for specific customer's needs, tracking customer's trends and collecting feedbacks for Eaton's engineering teams, and training the Energy Transition in Buildings (ETiB) Sales Engineers on the technical specifications of applications.
As the Sales Application Engineer, you will:
- Design the specific customer solution, programs and applications
- Write and execute integrated testing scenarios, working with the customer to optimize offers and ensure offers stay up-to-date and continue to satisfy customer needs
- Provide customers with ongoing technical support from application start-up through the warranty period. This support includes responding to customer issues, providing updated software that solves bug issues, perform installations for customers and working with the customer service team. In order to design and re-design effective applications you must acquire and analyze customer needs and problems, making recommendations to the engineering team to satisfy needs and develop solutions
- Generate ideas to engineering for new offerings that innovate and fill gaps in the current market.
- Perform analysis on harware & software applications and services, review internal & external advanced technical documentation for projects and propose solutions, provide technical advice to key functions within Eaton organization and to external customers, ensure that product offerings and functionalities are aligned with consumer trends
- Provide technical training sessions to internal teams and external customers, support daily technical enquiries, work collaboratively with ETiB engineering international teams to deliver technical solutions
Do you have?
- A Bachelor's / Master's Degree in a relevant subject such as Electrical Engineering, Power Electronics, Computer Science, Information Technology, or similar
- Experience in application engineering in a sales environment, involving electrical power electronics and software
- Advanced knowledge of software application development, installation, and maintenance
- Exceptional ability to drive application innovation by analyzing consumer and competitor trends
- Ability to evaluate client feedback and improve front end application functionality
- Advanced ability to document processes, run diagnostic tests and repair errors
- Proficiency in providing clients with technical product and services support
Then we want to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Full time contract in fast growing global company
- Challenging projects in dynamic collaborative team
- Culture & Values - We are more than the products we invent and produce - the way we do business is just as important. At Eaton, our values and culture define who we are - both individually and as an organization - and direct our activities every day
- Inclusion & Diversity - Openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it's about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look-from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day-you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: Sales EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: Yes
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 75 % of the Time
Eaton is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Eaton is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.