Care and Support Worker or Care Professional?
We currently have opportunities for full and part-time Care and Support Workers or Care Professionals in Frome and surrounding areas. Flexibility is essential as we need candidates who can offer their availability between 7am and 2pm weekdays, and 4pm and 10pm evenings during the week and on alternate weekends.
We are looking to cover work in Frome, Mells, Nunney, Stoke St Michael, Coleford and Wanstrow areas.
About Candlelight Care
Candlelight Care is a family-run company offering homecare and live-in care services in Dorset, Somerset, Wiltshire and East Sussex. With a Head Office in Glastonbury, Somerset, it has been caring for people of all ages in their own homes for over 30 years. Candlelight Care has been recognised as a Top 20 Recommended Home Care Group in the UK for 2019 by homecare.co.uk
Benefits for Care and Support Workers
- £300 welcome bonus
- Smart Phone
- Full training
- Paid travel time
- mileage allowance
- Rewarding work that allows you to have a meaningful impact on others
- Having a desire to see your clients flourish and remain independent within their own home
- Breaking the ice with a new client and putting a smile on their face
- Calming down an anxious client who may not recognise their surroundings
- Earning the trust of a clients family to help a loved one
- Experiencing the joys of using your skills to help others live happier lives.
As a Care and Support Worker your responsibilities will include:
- Getting to know your clients and their interests and needs
- Giving emotional and practical support to your clients
- Assisting with personal care (washing, toileting, dressing, food preparation, medication, etc.)
- Supporting family with new caring responsibilities
- Working with other social care professionals to provide personalised care and development plans
- Sensitivity and understanding
- The ability to work well with others
- Patience and the ability to remain calm in stressful situations
- The ability to accept criticism and work well under pressure
- To be thorough and pay attention to detail
- Customer service skills
- A desire to help people
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- To be able to carry out basic tasks on a computer or hand-held device
Thank you for your interest in working for Candlelight Care.
Once we receive your application, we will be in touch!