We are one of the world’s largest metal recycling companies with over 170 sites worldwide. We have the capability to recycle anything from a toaster to an aircraft carrier and invest heavily in developing our own technologies in our quest to be the global leader in sustainability. We also invest in our people, as they are the driving force of our success.
Our Fitter Role Opportunity
Our Fitters are the key people who ensure all our different plant and machinery is working to its full capacity so that our depot teams can get their job done. Without their hard work, skills and forward planning, our depots wouldn't be the successes they are today.
As a Fitter, you will use and build upon your solid foundation of knowledge and expertise of plant maintenance and repair. You will be supported with training and development along the way so that you can expand your skills and responsibilities further.
If you have any type of experience in working on/carrying out maintenance on varied fixed and mobile plant, heavy engineering equipment, pneumatic and hydraulic equipment, conveyor systems, shredders, or granulators we want you to apply.
What you will be doing:
· Assessing, fault finding, and problem solving to ensure maximum availability and efficiency of plant.
· Carrying out maintenance and servicing duties in all conditions.
· Predominantly maintaining the Separation plant, working with end to end conveyor systems in both planned and reactive maintenance situations.
· Burning, welding and grinding as required.
· Actively participating in our strong safety culture.
· Ensuring the company Health & Safety and Environmental policies are strictly adhered to.
· Monitoring all engineering visiting suppliers – including PPE compliance.
· Assisting Depot Management as required.
· A time served Industrial Fitter. Multi-skilled a distinct advantage
· Fabrication knowledge.
· Ability to operate professionally in a large industrial environment.
· Adaptable to meet business priorities.
· Organised, safety conscious and motivated.
· Comfortable working in all environmental conditions.
· Availability to work alternating shift patterns.
For the successful candidate, we can offer a thriving and stable working environment as well as opportunities to develop.
How to apply:
Please apply with an up to date CV, including your email address, contact number and details of your salary expectations.
Direct candidate applications will only be accepted for this vacancy.
Applications or speculative CV’s via agencies will not be accepted.
Keywords: Fitter, Maintenance Fitter, Mechanical Fitter, Industrial Fitter, Plant Fitter, Yard Fitter, Engineering Fitter, Shift Engineer, Plant machinery, Heavy Engineering Equipment, Binda Granulation, UNTHA, Granulator, Pneumatic Equipment, Hydraulic Equipment, Conveyor Systems, Shredders, Motors, Metal Recycling, Recycling, Waste, Sustainability, Career Development.